• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C101 Help

88XJSport

NAXJA Forum User
I believe i have c101 troubles. I do not want to cut and splice, but rather clean it out, and tighten it up. Now, i only see one screw to hold it in, and the other side just hangs. I do see where it is supposed to stay in the bracket, but it just falls out. So it sits on a tilt, and sometimes when i hit large bumps, i cut out intermittantly, and sometimes the engine dies. So my questions would be,
1. how do i properly open this thing up and clean it
2. how can i secure the passenger side of this connector in its bracket?

Thanks for any help.

i was having weird high idle issues and an occasional cold miss, which was fixed after i pulled the connector apart and cleaned it up. take out that center screw and just wiggle/pull the plug apart. on mine the whole assembly had fallen off the bracket, so after i cleaned it, i just zip-tied it back to the bracket. it's been fine ever since.

X2, if the bracket is damaged I would think zip ties and duct tape would work well. I used q-tips and alcohol to clean each pin assy on mine, Brake cleaner with Q-tips works even better. 5-90 says D-Oxit works great too.

IIRC correctly the bracket goes over the entire assy, then then the screw goes in to hold it all together. I forget what holds it all to the firewall.

Back