• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need a rear recovery point/hook

utahxjer

NAXJA Forum User
I just have a stock rear bumper and no hitch... But I would like to put a hook somewhere... Any suggestions? And/or places to buy a single hook and hardware

I would suggest if you don't wanna get a new bumper at least install a class III hitch. Or you could try and fab up a hook bracket that uses the factory hitch holes in the "frame". XJ's where predrilled for a hitch even if the factory did not install one.
trevor

I got the rear tow hook bracket from the dealer for $30.00 and a tow hook with hardware from a local offroad shop for $10.00. Total of $40.00 and you're set. It is easy to install (may need the threaded nut incerts thing if you don't already have a hitch installed, and you'll have to remove your rear bumper but I did mine in an hour). You've got lots of offroad shops in the Provo/Orem area that would carry tow hooks.

clay

Back