• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's everyone working on right now?

a8eXEj-4J

a8eXEj-4L

a8eXEj-4K

Nothing major here, I just wanna get back on the trails.

However, my 15+ year old cooling system needs a freshening up.

Still need get a new radiator and water pump.
The trans pan *still* leaks.
Maybe fix/replace the bent UCA bracket.

Jordan,

If you notice, your spare is still in safe keeping and the Pud Countries are holding up nicely.

--Matt

xj_in_driveway.jpg parts.jpg

Cheds, can you road trip that home?!?

No we're having it shipped. Cost of it running and driveing, nearly rust free with shipping is only just over 4k. We looked at absolute garbage cj2as in NY and they wanted 3k. So it was totally worth it to buy one far away

No we're having it shipped. Cost of it running and driveing, nearly rust free with shipping is only just over 4k. We looked at absolute garbage cj2as in NY and they wanted 3k. So it was totally worth it to buy one far away

She looks mint! Cant beat it for that price.

I'm starting my kitchen "update" soon... new cabinet faces, painting the boxes, new backsplash, new floors, recessed lighting, new wiring for an induction stove.

Chevy's getting some love this weekend... new torsion bar crossmember bushings, rebuilding the transfer case encoder motor, fresh fluids in almost everything. Going on a road trip in a couple weeks to savannah, Charleston, and Asheville with the wife.

I'm starting my kitchen "update" soon... new cabinet faces, painting the boxes, new backsplash, new floors, recessed lighting, new wiring for an induction stove, trim, etc etc. Keeping the existing granite tops.

Chevy's getting some love this weekend... new torsion bar crossmember bushings, rebuilding the transfer case encoder motor, fresh fluids in almost everything. Going on a road trip in a couple weeks to savannah, Charleston, and Asheville with the wife.

I'm starting my kitchen "update" soon... new cabinet faces, painting the boxes, new backsplash, new floors, recessed lighting, new wiring for an induction stove.

I was in Asheville for 4 days in November, make sure you go to Burial Beer Co and the Wicked Weed Funkatorium.

I was in Asheville for 4 days in November, make sure you go to Burial Beer Co and the Wicked Weed Funkatorium.

Yes, two places I definitely will be checking out.

I'll be in Charleston Feb 8-10 visiting an old bandmate along with my current bass player, many jams will ensue. Let me know if you're in the area then :)

Ah, nope. Week after.

i have a cj 3b that i'm getting up and running. putting in a drivers floor plan, the old patch job was to high and the new tank won't fit in quite rite. but i have to fix the mini cooper first. no power to the fuel pump. cking the wiring than swap the cps ?? fun fun, i hate this go cart

I put Brown Dog motor mounts in the XJ yesterday. That's kind of a time consuming and annoying job ... and the stock mounts didn't even look all that bad. Oh well, at least now it's done.

Welded on the passenger side hinge support.

Will be able to finally hang up the doors, that is, after the striker hardware arrive in the mail.

Gotta buy a metal circular saw to cut up the bunch of plate steel to skin the new bed.

Gotta finish the minor stuff on the motor too.

I put Brown Dog motor mounts in the XJ yesterday. That's kind of a time consuming and annoying job ... and the stock mounts didn't even look all that bad. Oh well, at least now it's done.

No doubt! They are definitely bomb proof, but after bolting them to the block getting it all scooched back in alignment is a royal pain.!

bunch of repairs to the trail beater lately: efan temperature switch (staying on), melted stock headlight harness connector, driver door buzzer / light switch, a few more small things

also replaced the broken fan shroud on my DD, that was the biggest pain

I have far too many projects to ever get any of them done.
cmelo's old J10 Honcho - I'm LS swapping it. But work and fixing the house take priority. The engine is in, I gotta put the trans in, wire it, and it's basically ready to rock... then it's back to building the IHC front 70 with dodge kingpin 60 knuckles and chevy+ford+dodge chromo 60 shafts for it.
my crummy 91 MJ - needs a water pump, needs everything else too but all it's getting is the water pump.
my less crummy 88 MJ - accumulating parts for the eventual 4wd swap. I think I have everything except rear driveshaft and new leaf springs at this point. But the J10's in the way of the lift. Oh and it needs a new headlight warning buzzer so I stop killing the battery.
house - needs way way way too much stuff done but right now I'm working on installing the heating system and finishing the central AC so I can insulate the remaining walls and sheetrock everything.

Back