• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood vent thoughts

those are nice, and a pretty good price too, but i would still do lebarons over anyhing else

They do look tough, but save your money and go down the hardware store - they'll look the same and cost you less! :laugh2: No offence intended!

I like the look of the LeBaron vents, but that seems to be what almost everyone does and I was looking at something that wasn't as common but still looked good. Dare to be different you know.

mullet427 said:
Those look nice and are a good price but from what I've heard Lebarons are the way to go.
P.S. BRPL XJ, are you D-Roy?
yep, mullet+someone who lives in tuscaloosa=shane?

how about my home depot special? they look good and with 3m tape, rivits, and a saw they are real easy to do.

vent1.jpg
v293/xtremejeeper/vent1.jpg[/IMG]

I had Lebaron vents on an S10, they let the heat vent out ok, but they also let the rain in. This was a problem because everything started to rust under the hood and the electronics didn't care much for it either. I solved the problem by installing a Corvette Stingray Scoop over the top of the Lebaron vents. The advantage to the Stingray scoop is that it is open in the front and the rear, allowing the heat to vent out the rear when moving slow.

the dodge daytona has a large vent about 2x the size of one lebaron vent I have one a the house now it also has a drip pan under it. with a hose attach point maybe I need to take a closer look at it in the moring .

I dont know how you would install it with the dimple in the xj or mj hood you might have to get two which would be cool too.let me look and think.

Back