• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strange reverse light behavior

I was looking on rock auto but it's very difficult to know what to buy on there. Couldn't figure out what u joints were for my front wheels on there either

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The front axle joints are 297/760's. Rock auto only works well if "you" know what parts you need !

Well with the NSS they have a bunch listed. Not sure why the prices are so different. Do they have different connectors?

On the u-joint side, it's all there "if" you know what your looking for. They at least could split drive-shafts and axle-shafts into different categories.

Yeah I'd like to just shop axle shafts with correct size universals. Going to do some looking tomorrow.
But anyways if my NSS relieves any odd ball symptoms aside from no reverse lights I'll mention it here once the job is done. Well that plus which sensor I get.
Other than that for the peeps out there browsing in a pinch. No reverse lights on cold start is sign of nss failure. If your engine is now not starting for no reason it is a good place to start.

Yeah I'd like to just shop axle shafts with correct size universals. Going to do some looking tomorrow.
But anyways if my NSS relieves any odd ball symptoms aside from no reverse lights I'll mention it here once the job is done. Well that plus which sensor I get.
Other than that for the peeps out there browsing in a pinch. No reverse lights on cold start is sign of nss failure. If your engine is now not starting for no reason it is a good place to start.

Mine was not the nss. mine was broken old plastic bits in the rear bulb housing for the reverse lights.

I would definitely recommend cleaning the NSS instead of replacing it, save yourself the $100+ if you can. Cleaning it is easier than it seems you just need some fine sandpaper and some dielectric grease.
As for the rough start.. Try leaving the key in the ON position for a second or two before cranking. That will allow the fuel pump to kick on and have a second to build pressure before you start the engine. I had some weird start problems too and once I started doing that it went away. Not sure what causes this but hey it's a pretty simple "fix" if it works.

I would definitely recommend cleaning the NSS instead of replacing it, save yourself the $100+ if you can. Cleaning it is easier than it seems you just need some fine sandpaper and some dielectric grease.
As for the rough start.. Try leaving the key in the ON position for a second or two before cranking. That will allow the fuel pump to kick on and have a second to build pressure before you start the engine. I had some weird start problems too and once I started doing that it went away. Not sure what causes this but hey it's a pretty simple "fix" if it works.
I always let the fuel pump prime. And I have also tried priming it multiple times before starting it in case pressure is leaving the lines after sitting. The same late start no matter what I do.
Has correct fuel pressure when running I already checked that but still does that. Also has a light ping if I dont use premium so my only guess is one of the injectors is working but not working well.

As far as reverse lights they are clean and ince the vehicle is warm they do come on. So definitely the Nss. I'll try cleaning it first

Back