NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old June 7th, 2018, 12:13
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Strange reverse light behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailman View Post
I would definitely recommend cleaning the NSS instead of replacing it, save yourself the $100+ if you can. Cleaning it is easier than it seems you just need some fine sandpaper and some dielectric grease.
As for the rough start.. Try leaving the key in the ON position for a second or two before cranking. That will allow the fuel pump to kick on and have a second to build pressure before you start the engine. I had some weird start problems too and once I started doing that it went away. Not sure what causes this but hey it's a pretty simple "fix" if it works.
I always let the fuel pump prime. And I have also tried priming it multiple times before starting it in case pressure is leaving the lines after sitting. The same late start no matter what I do.
Has correct fuel pressure when running I already checked that but still does that. Also has a light ping if I dont use premium so my only guess is one of the injectors is working but not working well.

As far as reverse lights they are clean and ince the vehicle is warm they do come on. So definitely the Nss. I'll try cleaning it first

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk