• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Azzy’s design linkage

Jeepmedic46

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I was wondering if anyone has used the Azzy’s design linkage on their transfer case. My 2000 XJ transfer case linkage is broken and not able to find a replacement. It is a NP 231 Transfer case and the Jeep has a 4.5 Rough Country short arm lift.

I have it on my 98. Wasn't impressed. It took me several tries to get it to work 1st of all, and then it bound up several times on the trail. I had trouble shifting back to 2 wheel drive. I would not buy it again.

If I were to do it over, I would look for a cable actuated shifter. Not that I think it had anything to do with bad trans mounts motor mount, my engine and trans was stable.

I've installed the boostwerks one a couple of times with good luck.

Was just chatting about this on comancheclub. Between that and the Boostwerks they are the same really. The Azzys has some "graphics" and a high price tag.

If I was going to go with a cable one which one would be a good one? I thought I saw on the Quadratec site they had one similar to the factory one.

Got Azzys on mine. Takes some adjustment to get installed correctly and some common sense when setting it up. Works great

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think I’ll go with the Azzy’s. I’ll have to try and find a place to install it. I can’t be on my back due to surgeries.

Have it installed, install was not bad but getting dirt in eyes was not fun. You can use a long screw driver instead of the pry bar and if you do not have a reciprocating saw, you can leave the oem brace thing on (I did, no problems).

The problem I had was fully understanding the directions for adjustment. I did not adjust it correctly and shifting was hard and popped out of 4lo. Carefully read the directions and it shifts butter smooth from 2hi to 4hi. Going between 4hi and 4 lo gets a little notchy but slides right in no problems.

Back