NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Colorado Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Colorado Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 144 votes, 4.89 average. Display Modes
Old November 2nd, 2019, 14:14
NAXJA Member

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Wheels are dusty but even dirty they look better than white wagon wheels .

20191102_140804.jpg
Old November 3rd, 2019, 16:28
NAXJA Member

After getting the new wheels I realized a set of steel wheels holding my two spares will look like shit mounted to the header . Now I get to break the two spares off the steelies I already mounted so I can mount them on the blingy wheels ...lol... I got to remember this is a trailer not a fashion statement ;-)
Old November 3rd, 2019, 20:11
NAXJA Forum User

Last chance to reach out folks:

https://www.keeptrailsopen.com/news

Keep our home accessible!
Old November 4th, 2019, 18:25
NAXJA Member

Done.
Old November 15th, 2019, 04:15
NAXJA Member

Just got back from a trip to Lake Tahoe and Yosemite. Took I-70 & US 50 - 'The Loneliest Road in America'. 'The Loneliest Road' wasn't that lonely LOL. Towns (and gas stations) are only 75-80 miles apart. LOL. There are longer stretches of nothing/no services along I-70 in Utah. Lake Tahoe was underwhelming (maybe go back during ski season) but Yosemite was amazing. Just WOW. Also stopped at Bodie State Historical Park on the way to Yosemite. Cool old mining/ghost town. Stopped in Virginia City, NV where the Comstock Load was found. Neat town to see. Gas was $5.19 a gallon Bridgeport, CA which blew me away until I saw gas farther down the road at $5.49. Roads in Colorado are absolutely horrible compared to what Utah, Nevada, and California can do in the middle of nowhere. I think living here in Colorado, Lake Tahoe was underwhelming but Yosemite was well worth it.
Old November 16th, 2019, 12:07
NAXJA Member

Question Re: The Colorado BS thread

Found a new set if autosock for 445/50 r 22.5 super singles for about $100 less than usual cost so I picked them up for my work truck since they store and install much easier than chains or the cables for super singles.The company provides cables which are not as good as chains and they are hard to put away after use these should make my trips over 70 less hassle . I realize I just spent $370 on tools for a company truck , but they take a lot of headache away .
Old November 19th, 2019, 17:37
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-tonxj View Post
Found a new set if autosock for 445/50 r 22.5 super singles for about $100 less than usual cost so I picked them up for my work truck since they store and install much easier than chains or the cables for super singles.The company provides cables which are not as good as chains and they are hard to put away after use these should make my trips over 70 less hassle . I realize I just spent $370 on tools for a company truck , but they take a lot of headache away .
I never heard of the autosock before now. Then again, I never heard of automatic tire chains before this past summer. The last little storm we had, I actually saw a set in use: Cool stuff!
Old November 20th, 2019, 09:07
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypoid View Post
I never heard of the autosock before now. Then again, I never heard of automatic tire chains before this past summer. The last little storm we had, I actually saw a set in use: Cool stuff!

The automatic chains are nice..lol...those were the chains on buses that were wiping out cars awhile back . I don't mind dual tires with single chains as I can easily without getting crap all over me chain the 4 outside tires dual Chains on duals and anything chain on super singles I dislike , So I spent my own coin to remove the hassle . A driver asked me what they were as I was carrying the box to my truck today then he asked how much...lol... he said he'd rather sit . What makes me laugh is losing one run is the cost of a set of these we make 3 runs a week and guys who sit lose 1-4 runs per month avoiding i70 for chain law so they take 80 and it closes for about a day each time .
Old November 20th, 2019, 09:43
NAXJA Member

The new trailer tires have been sitting outside in the cold with banding straps squishing them so much that when I put them on the wheels the beads were nowhere near close to sealing . I didn't have anything flammable to help them on and the ratchet strap didn't help to squish the bead out so finally I gobbed some silicone around the beads which almost worked then I wrapped a cord around one side of bead when it started to take air I pulled the cord before it was trapped. The last two tires are sitting in the sun with blocks wedged in them to get them back into shape so it doesn't require tricks .These aluminium wheels wrapped in the 225s look a lot better than the white wagon wheels but now they're just another item to keep clean , but they are pretty cheap at $89 A pair they aren't anymore expensive to replace than their white wagon wheel counterparts...lol...I have 13 amber lights each side and a total of 30 led marker clearance lights this does not include the neon lights I put in the wheel wells to ground effect the wheels at night...I could have been done with this trailer in one weekend , but I had to get blingy and turn it into a reuild .
Old November 25th, 2019, 18:04
NAXJA Forum User

B double E double R u.n. is the perfect excuse for exercising chryslers built in donut function!!!!!
Old November 30th, 2019, 19:27
NAXJA Member

1 trip up vail pass East bound mm 178-190 obeying the autosock max 20mph speed limit and at the top pullingonto the 190 off ramp to remove found the rear socks completely shredded and front tattered... $400 out the window.. PURE SHIT ...they should rename then to AUTO SUCK . Back to regular chains . I should have used that cash for a mishimoto trans cooler .
Old December 5th, 2019, 13:31
NAXJA Member

Should I expect carnage canyon to be a trail option this time of year ? Got my trailer pretty much ready and want to get the XJ on a decent trail a few times to fix any issues and dial in stuff so it's solid for EJS without a bunch of hidden surprises. The mounting , well mostly inflating 10 ply trailer tires that I mounted without un squishing the sidewalls from shipping was fun and I now know you gotta be quick with the air up after the poof with the starting fluid
Old December 6th, 2019, 09:14
NAXJA Forum User

I drove past it last Saturday. There was still snow on it, no tracks going in through the gate. I talked to the guys from CORE a few years ago tho and they said they frequently ran it in the winter.
Old December 8th, 2019, 11:55
NAXJA Member

Thursday spent the morning on hold with DMV as they screwed up my license and suspended it . Apparently a wrong box was checked for ... no proof of insurance... from the accident on i25 with the drunk going the wrong way . The DMV said they could see the vehicle was insured, which... no shit... it's a large commercial motor carriers semi not my personal pickup , but if you can see that insurance was present why suspend my license. I asked why they didn't send a request and they said they did I asked was it registered mail ...lol... of course not . I said I'm on the road and I'm not expecting any correspondence from you regarding such matters as I was not ticketed for no proof and the accident was the at fault of the drunk who is liable financial party . It took 1.5 hours and finally my licence was reinstated, but I was driving around for 3 days unknowingly with a suspended license. Luckily my company monitors drivers for these things and safety called me Thursday to tell me not to drive and call DMV .
Old December 15th, 2019, 03:49
NAXJA Member

I think I'm going to look a selling the 5.0 atlas and fitting in a 4spd case with the 2.0 2.72 5.44 ranges . The 5.0 only gives me a red line top speed if 30mph and I don't have nearly enough motor or transmission gears to use hi range offroad. This would mean I'd most likely go with a 4.6 stroker later on since 300hp / 325 torque with those gear options would be plenty.