• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Des Moines sighting, who are you?

97CountryXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know who this is?

Today about 3pm I spotted a sweet looking 97-01 XJ, Polk Co. plates, Gold paint, Black wheels, lifted (3 in. w/ 31's ?), nice looking roof rack with a spare attached, in the area of 100th and Hickman to I35/80 exit. Lots of stickers, but I didn't spot a NAXJA badge.

Just wanted to say nice rig man!

Last edited:
Rev,
I would roll through your area when I'd commute from the old hometown, Quad Cities to Chicago. Hated the 88 tollway. Found myself between Aurora to Joliet more than once in a drunken stuper. The late 90's were all a drunken stuper as far as I remember.
And hey, nice rig man!!!

Last edited:
97CountryXJ said:
Anyone know who this is?

Today about 3pm I spotted a sweet looking 97-01 XJ, Polk Co. plates, Gold paint, Black wheels, lifted (3 in. w/ 31's ?), nice looking roof rack with a spare attached, in the area of 100th and Hickman to I35/80 exit. Lots of stickers, but I didn't spot a NAXJA badge.

Just wanted to say nice rig man!

Well, mine is gold in color, black wheels and has lots of stickers...but that is it for your list, and I was not even close to being up there! If I can get everything back together by this Saturday, I might drive it up, but since the wife and kiddo are coming along I am betting that we will be rollin the DD XJ. Something about 2-3 hours w/ bias 33's, 6.5" of lift and no swaybars makes my wife a bit uneasy.....:dunno:

I don't think this guy if affilliated with any one group. It looked like it had been off roaded a little. Then again, mine gets beat and still looks clean and mall crawler. Kinda got a bit of a 'tude from the guy when I rolled by him cheking out his rig.

97CountryXJ said:
I don't think this guy if affilliated with any one group. It looked like it had been off roaded a little. Then again, mine gets beat and still looks clean and mall crawler. Kinda got a bit of a 'tude from the guy when I rolled by him cheking out his rig.
I drove by said numnuts again today. Had a Jegs and Summit sticker I noticed.

Not to the change subject, but there is this sweet ass yellow one here with 4.5, maybe 5, lots a lights. I want to leave a ck out our website note on his windshield , but?

97CountryXJ said:
That should add at least another 10hp per sticker right?
I suppose so...or something anyway.

Haven't seen the gold one you speak of but have seen the yellow one "ia green96" saw. Also seen some other lifted XJ's around town, a few red, 2 black, a dark blue one and of course Andy's with the swampers and no doors.

jeepman75 said:
Haven't seen the gold one you speak of but have seen the yellow one "ia green96" saw. Also seen some other lifted XJ's around town, a few red, 2 black, a dark blue one and of course Andy's with the swampers and no doors.
One of the black ones could've also been mine. I used to drive around a 1990 Black XJ with an RE 3.5. I got all over the place in that unit. I bet the other one your talking about is one I always see parked in front of Mediacom on Ingersoll. I think he works there.

jeepman75 said:

My junk is not as nice as the others but it's nice to know people remember it. Hope to have it at the M&G. Thanks and who are you?...andy

90PioSport99 said:
I bet the other one your talking about is one I always see parked in front of Mediacom on Ingersoll. I think he works there.

That's that one guy!!! He also has a TJ and a Sammy--Andy what's his name??? I know he lives in Norwalk too:exclamati

Brian

bpm4x4 said:
That's that one guy!!! He also has a TJ and a Sammy--Andy what's his name??? I know he lives in Norwalk too:exclamati

Brian
I'm not Andy, and I don't know who that guy is but he seems like a goofy sombitch. I've tried to wave at him a bunch of times and he always seems to be spacin off, he's got a pretty nice black Heep on his hands though. Oh and Brian how come you joined NAXJA a year before I did and you have about 1/150 of the posts I do :D?

Last edited:
et89xj said:
My junk is not as nice as the others but it's nice to know people remember it. Hope to have it at the M&G. Thanks and who are you?...andy

I remember seeing your Jeep in front of Hairy Marys all the time and met you at a IA4WDC meeting.

Coleman
(I have the dark blue 98 XJ with Rubicon rims and 32's. I was hanging out with Ben and Brent at the MIOBI Labor day run.)

bpm4x4 said:

Brian

That's Steve your talking about Brian, this aint him. I know who you are now Jeepman75. We talked a bit over at Raccoon river park at that last meeting I went to...andy

Oh how I miss Mary's, now it's a Stupid Drake only bar:smsoap: ...

Back