• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

March Photo Assignment: Lucky

He is lucky the window didn't break. Rock bowed the glass in!

scr.jpg

Not out wheeling, but it was fabricating.

Lucky he was wearing eye protection.

Begley_Sparks_04.jpg

Begley_Sparks_05.jpg

Thanks Colin. This one doesn't have the exploding sparks, but I kind of like it a little better.

DSC_0044-1.jpg

Something happened when uploaded to photobucket, the color on these just aren't coming out like they do in photoshop.

That's because you are using photobucket.

Try Flickr or some other hosting site but photobucket sucks bad.

What is wrong with Photobucket?

They don't change the images on the upload do they?

I use Photobucket all the time, maybe I should switch . . .

Wow, there really is a difference. Thanks Dr.

Here is what the picture was supposed to look like, as you can see the tones are a little warmer.

Sparks by Begster751, on Flickr

everything. their compression algorithm is horrible.. it favors low file size and quick load times not quality.

^^^^^
What he said. I still use it a lot for low rez images that I want to post quickly and easily. If I want to impress someone I look to other sites though

FWIW, Facebook's sucks worse than photobucket.

I use facebook because I can be lazy and use the facebook app on my phone to upload the images, then grab the url and hotlink it everywhere.

Fortunately, they're only cellphone camera pics, so it's not like it makes a difference...

This is lucky because it's the first picture I've taken with my 400mm fleabay lens that I've been happy with.

Supah Moon
5542254786_6832328a89_b.jpg

EXIF Summary:
Equipment: Nikon D60, Spiratone 400mm f/6.3, Wallyworld Tripod, Nikon Remote
Settings: ISO 100, f/22, 1/160, Instant remote release

And photoshop may have assisted a little bit :shhh:

Last edited:

200768_548863750772_29101008_31796813_8333401_n.jpg

Lucky I made it home on that... about halfway to my parent's place last night the vibration from my rear DS went from obnoxious to "this doubles as a very good massage chair". Limped it home afterwards and found this this morning when I went to change the joint. :wow:

Do I need to explain "Lucky" ...Zero damage after being winched down

LAWNDART.jpg

Back