• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trail run near buena vista May 23 or 24

Ben_Dyer

NAXJA Forum User
little lady has to go and pick up her new puppy that weekend. i know there are some killer trails around there and dont see a reason to waste a trip all the way down there just for a dog! plan to maybe do some camping if the weather is nice and hit at least one trail. open to suggestions on what to run.

the rig ill be running is my XJ 4.5 lift 33's, open front and rear (suppose to have lockers but still need to confirm that), have winch, and roll cage not afraid to use either. want to keep it pretty tame nothing hard core maybe 6 or 7's on the scale maybe chinaman or something like that.

is tentative i have to get a few repaires done before hand but i am confident i can get them done in the next month and a half i have.

Sorry, you're gonna be all alone. We're all going to Moab that weekend........ :D

Not sure if I could keep up with my XJ. Supposedly it's lifted 3in. Hard to confirm, but it does sit taller than most. I have to replace my power steering pump and ball joints too. I plan to have that done in the first week of May. If so I am down to go, but you know how "plans" go sometimes. I'll be up there Mothers Day weekend actually with my girl and family. I'll try to scout what is available in that area. I know there are Jeep Rentals, and Jeep tours shops in Buena Vista so I'll hit them up if I can!

im out on the bueva vista deal we decided to tag along with these other misfits to moab :D

Chinaman is number one on my list of trails to run for this summer. so its a dang good chance we can hook up later this year.

Sounds good. If I could make it to MOAB I would too! I'm down to go anytime my Jeep is worthy. I know how much more enjoyable wheelin is when you have someone to tag along who appreciates it as much as you. Enjoy your trip! I'm still going to look into trails between Woodland Park and Buena Vista for ME!

Back