• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dune Fest

FiveNdime

NAXJA Forum User
haha, she has to pay for those card holders, they are cool though but she had only 2 of them. Should have let me know who you were I could have gave ya a helmet bag unless it was the rare time I wasn't in the booth. My XJ used to be WP "show rig". They put all there parts on it to model. It was in Quadratech last time I checked so my guess is yeah its my XJ though I have since removed some of there parts.

Here is a writeup of some of my time spent there.
As some of you know Kayla and I went to Dune Fest this year to help run the Geico Insurance booth with my aunt. It started off like this. Tuesday we were supposed to leave but I was awaiting the arrival of some fittings to install my ARB Solenoid so I could have a front locker. Well the parts came late...and the mail was about 3 hours later then normal, which always happens when you need something. By this time its Wednesday afternoon around 4:30 so I'm already going to be 2 days late. My aunt knew I was going to be late so she didn't care, but I did, I was missing the boat! In my haste to leave, as soon as the mail came I grabbed the package tore it open to find my parts then jumped in the jeep to head south. We hit traffic in Portland at the 405 bridge and never looked back until Wilsonville.....HOLY crud, it took us no less then 2 hours to get from those two points in stop and go traffic. We got to Winchester bay after 9pm and settled into my aunts trailer for the night which sure beats tenting it! 7am comes, so we have to get ready to go and set up the booth for the day. Every things going good so far so I decide to take a break and go put my air solenoid in so I can have a front locker in the sand! Shoot, well that wasn't the word I used but for PG sake that's what I will say. In that previous haste to leave as soon as my parts arrived in the mail, I managed to leave the actual solenoid at home. Stupid yeah, dumb yeah, I felt so stupid for leaving them at home being that was the whole reason we waited a day and a half to leave town. So I had a handful of fittings and a few choice words out in the air. Back to the booth I went for a case of "you cant believe what I just did" to my wife and others. Needless to say my aunt said get outta here and take that jeep out and have some fun. So Kayla and I took it out and to my avail it did super without even being in 4 wheel drive. So much so that I only used the rear locker for steep hills if the 4 wheel drive didn't take me up. I even had a chance to pull out a full size 3/4 ton dodge with a trailer and quads!! His comment to me was "THANKS MAN! I'll never talk sh!t about a Jeep again". I thought to myself sweet and said, just give the Cherokee guys a good word....no bias here :spin1: Even the Sheriff in the local Bright Yellow sand rail stopped to watch me pull him out. Funny because not more then a few hours later I would be digging out a full size sheriff truck stuck to his axles way out in the back 40 of the dunes. I think I made some brownie points for myself that day with the local authorities, hopefully they seen the :NAXJA: sticker!

Here are some shots of a few things. Sorry I didn't get much, I was working pretty much all day when the things were happening. It was still a blast though.
DuneFest3.jpg

DuneFest1.jpg

DuneFest.jpg

DuneFest6.jpg

DuneFest4.jpg

And to make it better I had my Forest Watch Patrol Crew Boss hoodie on.
DuneFest5.jpg

Back