• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 xj for sale

You may have scared people off with the lack of drive-ability.

If I were to buy it...I would lower it quite a bit...trim some more...and bump stop it to make the tires fit. That would help out your steering geometry quite a bit.

I've almost thought about buying it...even though I don't need it....because I can tell that you have into it what you say you have into it. The suspension, wheels, and rear axle cost you quite a bit of money.

yeah, the rear springs were suppose to sag a little, but they were a little tall since the day I got them, and they never relaxed. The front ones did, and that's why I needed to add the ACOS adjustable spacers.

As for the steering thing, I over state things. If it's that important to people, I can revamp the steering geometry in one night. It has brand new parts, it's just the mounting points need moved around a little to make it perfect.
Brand new:
-RE track bar
-RE track bar drop kit
-steering stabilizer
-Shocks
-braided SS lines
-Rusty's steering arm conversion kit ($275 by itself!)
-Pro slot rotors, (never installed)

The parts are all there, just needs a little love:lickout:

Here's a crappy pic of the front.

">

Do you have a dead spot in your steering? A lot of people complain about that Rusty's setup because the tie rod can rotate back and forth when the drag link applies force. This can cause it to be sketchy while driving.

Anyway, I think you have a lot of nice/new parts on the thing and the price is fair. You just need to hold out for the right buyer.

Do you have a dead spot in your steering? A lot of people complain about that Rusty's setup because the tie rod can rotate back and forth when the drag link applies force. This can cause it to be sketchy while driving.

Anyway, I think you have a lot of nice/new parts on the thing and the price is fair. You just need to hold out for the right buyer.

Thanks!

I did have a dead spot, because it naturally wants to rotate the tie rod before it moves it. It actually is not a great design. I overcame that by rotating both TRE's outward before locking them with the jam nut. This allows the energy from the steering link to to be completely converted to moving the tires instead of rotating the drag link

Back