• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket Trackbar

heyhar

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone had any luck- good or bad- with a Kevin's Track Bar Conversion piece? I've had it on for a while, and am not convinced that it is 'all that'. A while ago, I asked him about what I suspected were soft bushings, and he did tell me that some were shipped with what he thought were softer than spec bushings. I ordered the new ones, and they did improve it somewhat, but there is still flexing at the frame end, when turning the steering wheel back and forth a little bit. I understand that there needs to be a bushing for impact isolation, but dosen't the bushing on the axle end provide this? Theoretically, the original ball- joint end didn't allow for any lateral movement, just acting as a hinge for vertical movement. I've been considering replacing the frame- end bushing with something much harder than the present urethane, but will I open another can of worms? Anybody got any ideas? TIA

No trouble with mine at all, I've seen the harder inserts, they are just like his website states, rock hard. I may go with them as well in the future, but for now, I have no death wobble. Might get them to tighten the front end up just that much more, but also, have other issues to get sorted out.

Kevin has been great to deal with, and I guess my next move is to contact him to see if he's got any more ideas. I looked at a related thread that had some pictures, and I noticed what I believed to be a JKS bar with what looked like a solid bushing (with a grease fitting). I believe that JKS builds the bars for Kevin to his specs, so would their solid bushing fit his bar? I've also replaced the Rancho steering damper (junk... but that's for another rant) with an Old Man Emu piece, making the steering almost what I want. But, there's this nagging little jiggle...

Back