• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trouble codes 11 and 17?

50yearXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So for the second time in 3 months my junk (96 i6 5spd d30F ChryCo8.25R, 225k on body and trans about 100k on motor, supposedly) has thrown trouble code 11 and 17. I've been doing my obligatory searching prior to posting but I'm not having the same symptoms as a lot of people with CPS issues. It starts fine. Doesn't cut out on me. The only symptom I noticed was a lack of power under load (could be 33s on 3.55 gears tho) and pinging under load. After replacing the Tstat, fuel filter, plugs and wires, Seafoam in the brake boost vac hose, and 2 bottles of Techron in the tank. It seems better but my concern is that code 11 should clear once the signal from the CPS is detected by the PCM, correct? Should I replace the CPS even tho I don't have the typical No Start or Cut out issue? I'm stumped.

Back