• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash new XJ LeMons racer

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I ran across a '92 2wd 5 speed XJ and just couldn't resist buying it. We're racing it at Buttonwillow Raceway this weekend.

standard.jpg

The lock cylinder was gone, and the steering wheel off, and part of the dash out, and the windshield broken, which helped to get it cheap enough.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

We stripped it down to just the sheetmetal, took out all the glass except the windshield, and started building a cage and seat mount.

standard.jpg

We're using the stock wiring and gauge cluster to keep it simple.

standard.jpg

Getting the yellow paint on first, and then the blue. And of course, the big wing. We got some Mustang GT 17" wheels, which will be getting grippy 245/45 R17 Falken Azenis RT-615K tires.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Nice! Pretty soon, there will be an entire family of blue and Yellow Jeeps all over the place!

David Bricker / SYR

nice, but half the race is about the theme. you guys really need to work on your themes.

Isn't the theme here "make people in sportscars mad by out-driving them on the track in an SUV"?

(while having a blast racing, of course)

Right! The theme is "Dude, you just got owned by a Jeep wagon with a roof wing...."

They should put in small letters "unless you're in a BMW, then you just owned a jeep with a roof wing...."

And Richard, a clean set of Bullit wheels should go for at least $500. Makes more sense to sell them and get some $75 pony wheels. More money for your budget.

nice, but half the race is about the theme. you guys really need to work on your themes.

Petty blue paint and a stupid wing is plenty of theme. And, you maybe don't realize just how serious crap can car racing really is. :)

Petty blue paint and a stupid wing is plenty of theme. And, you maybe don't realize just how serious crap can car racing really is. :)
Maybe not, but my friend just won the last 2, so i'm sure he does. And still has a theme. :)

They should put in small letters "unless you're in a BMW, then you just owned a jeep with a roof wing...."

And Richard, a clean set of Bullit wheels should go for at least $500. Makes more sense to sell them and get some $75 pony wheels. More money for your budget.

We've beat plenty of BMW'S. :D

I really like those wheels.......

I like those wheels too, just sayin. no sense in blowing your budget on cosmetics when you only have $500 to spend.

Wheels/tires, brakes, safety stuff, etc don't apply to the budget.

I'm digging it, it would be hilarious seeing both of them out there against each other too.

Maybe not, but my friend just won the last 2, so i'm sure he does. And still has a theme. :)

Shouldnt you outside putting your jeep back together. Again?

Considering Team Naxja / Petty Cash Racing's strong history of racing success, I think its safe to say they know what they are doing.. :)

Shouldnt you outside putting your jeep back together. Again?

Considering Team Naxja / Petty Cash Racing's strong history of racing success, I think its safe to say they know what they are doing.. :)
Really, what's the ratio of wins to DNF's? :D

Really, what's the ratio of wins to DNF's? :D

08 KOH - 7th place
09 KOH - 30th place

12 KOH - DNF
13 KOH - 2nd place
13 Stampede - 1st place
13 Grand Prix - 2nd place

I don't have numbers on 430 handy, but there is 1 DNF, 1 series championship and a dozen or so top 10 finishes.

08 KOH - 7th place
09 KOH - 30th place

12 KOH - DNF
13 KOH - 2nd place
13 Stampede - 1st place
13 Grand Prix - 2nd place

I don't have numbers on 430 handy, but there is 1 DNF, 1 series championship and a dozen or so top 10 finishes.

I thought this was about lemons... not KOH...

:D

any plans for the motor?

Back