• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adopted a boy tonight...

ECKSJAY

Water is dirty
Dunno how old he is...but he was free and we had the extra room. Great disposition and he's a bit chubby, so he needs some extra attention. :)

Image010.jpg

He's number 4 for us...and the only boy. Funny, we were only going to the pet store to get a bigger cage for our sisters and we saw this guy sitting there. He came right out and sat on our shoulders and was very attentive. He was brought in recently by someone who just couldn't take care of him.

my wife kills rats at work. You should see the bite she's got on her thumb, tey sent her to the hospital for it. Rat got it's mouth all te way around her thumb and bit through the meat part.

Gil BullyKatz said:
On a side note...
The only thing disturbing about rodents is there genitalia...

Why? Do you not have "prominent testicles?" Or, do the "torpedo testicles" bother you overmuch?

That was why we ended up adopting the lot of 15 boys - most people seem to have some trouble with that...

5-90

It's actually quite funny when they leave testitrails across a glass tabletop...

At one time I had two different sets of rats...

1 set as pets and the others condemned to be Colombian Red Tail feed...

Gotta admit...

They can be pretty smart.

5-90 said:
Cute chocolate capped! We've got 19 now (15 boys, 4 girls) and we probably won't be "ratless" for quite some time...

5-90

He's actually not chocolate...he's more of a lilac. My camera phone has horrible white balance. ;)

12GaugeXJ said:
Cute son Phil. How much do they usually run at the pet stores? Im waiting for all my tropical fish to die so I can move on to some rats or a turtle. Maybe a gerbal again.
Get some children.
They come with rats already issued to them.

12GaugeXJ said:
Cute son Phil. How much do they usually run at the pet stores? Im waiting for all my tropical fish to die so I can move on to some rats or a turtle. Maybe a gerbal again.

Oh no he di'n't!

:D

12GaugeXJ said:

I picked up the last pair of sisters, barely weaned onto solid food, at the Fairwood pet center for like $3 each. REALLY cheap, but also better than the PETCO/Petsmart mass-bred ones. It was nice being able to hand-raise the pair. They demand daily attention because they're really social animals. They also thrive on fresh water. I'm a fanatic and change water in morning and evening for them.

Gil BullyKatz said:
Oh no he di'n't!

:D
I was thinking of a hampster, not a gerbal. Been doing fish for the last 5 years, so my rodent knowledge is a little off.

They're easy to take care of, and when the 5 and 7 year old cousins come over, it entertains them for hours.

Maybe I should get one of these instead:

177B_standard-poodle.jpg

That should be ghey enough.

Phil I had no idea you were a pet lover. I'm totally ignorant to rats but I have heard they are very smart. You say they're social. I'm guessing you take them out a lot? I'd be afraid of getting bit.

Back