• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need a part or part number

crimsondragon

NAXJA Forum User
Was diagnosing an issue with the center console being wobbly and I noticed that the duct is missing. Been looking on the web for a part number or the part in general but can't seem to find any info on it. It's #3 in the picture.

WB97263.gif

Thanks in advance.

I yanked mine, it's in the shop at home. I'll check & see if it has a # on it any where.

JIM.

Mine's a 96,but it looks the same as in the pic.

JIM.

Might be different 96 vs 98... console changed 96 to 97.

I have the part number for a 98 as 5503 6789. Also fits a 97, 99 (though they did a minor revision for 99), and probably 00/01 as well. $30 online. Don't order from "factory chrysler parts" though, I ordered some parts through them and everything went smoothly up till 2/17 when they updated status saying they expected to ship them that day, I haven't heard back since and my emails and phone calls have been ignored.

Thanks Ken. This part is an elusive mofo. I was looking under Jeep sites the whole time.
Sucks to hear about the experience with your deal. Have you disputed with your credit card company?

If they don't call me back today I am going to.

I would seriously try to junk yard this part I think it would make your life way easier and cheaper. I see 97+ xj with center console untouched always in my local junkyards

Agreed. It doesn't seem like a commonly needed part either. And supposedly like 4 million other dodges and jeeps made after the same year use the same duct, not sure how accurate that is.

Anytime I have seen a 97-01 with a wobbly floor console, the #8 bracket at the rear of the console is broken. They are usually easy to find at the junkyard, most are unbroken. The air duct really has no effect on the console shell.

standard.jpg

The wobby console was due to loose screws and one missing screw. I replaced them with bigger ones. I just also happened to notice that the duct was missing and it explained why hot air was blowing out of my parking brake lever area. Issues were unrelated but thanks. However, if anyone stumbles on this thread and has a broken console support and can weld:

IMG_3384.jpg

Anytime I have seen a 97-01 with a wobbly floor console, the #8 bracket at the rear of the console is broken. They are usually easy to find at the junkyard, most are unbroken. The air duct really has no effect on the console shell.

standard.jpg

Does anyone have the factory part number for the bracket labeled #8?

Back