• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transline female end quick clip? part#?

4x4JeePmaNthINg

NAXJA Forum User
I figure Ill ask you all, If no one here knows then I assume it doesnt exist.

Im trying to find out if you can buy the metal clip that goes in the female end of the transmission to rad line ( quick connect clip). the line is fine though I hope one could just buy this little clip alone. The line is newer and Ide prefer not to replace it if its not my only option.

Heres the best picture if found so far:

https://www.carid.com/mopar/1998-je...=2916415574&offermpnid=4689643206&view=595470

I assume you damaged it getting off that curly pipe at the bottom of the rad; you were lucky to get it off at all. Also surprised you can get that style fitting at all, as it was replaced by one with a plastic inner in '96/7 (if mine are anything to go by). Just do what I've usually done, cut off the fitting, slide a fuelline clip onto the line, push it onto the pipe & tighten clip.

I didnt know there wasnt enough pressure on the line to just put a hose clamp on there. Ill look to see if there is enough line to do so.

thank you for the suggestion

It's been done, but nothing that I would do.

yeah ive seen your line set up and envy that, though im not sure i want to spring for that kind of upgrade yet. still dreaming the jeep will look like that one day haha

Not a whole lot of pressure on that line. The cooler outlet drains into the pan on the trans, so it's just the head pressure of pushing through the cooler.

Back