• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good luck Torx!

GlueNTape

NAXJA Forum User
Our Very own Torx is going to give it hell down at KOH 2021.

I hope you guys do great! I was already hunting around for ways to watch. Its crazy how much that has grown.

:clap::clap::clap:

Thanks, guys!

What an amazing experience this was. This was our second year racing, and we're getting closer to a finish. Fuel pressure issues cost us a lot of down time this year, which ultimately caused us to not make the time cutoff to Pit2. Aside from the fuel issues the MJ performed amazingly all day. We had five trails left between us and the finish, and the car definitely had it left in it. Its a Cadillac in the desert, and a mountain goat in the rocks.

I'll try to get a trip report up with a good race recap.

Looking forward to the recap! I still go back and read the Moab 2018 report when I feel like reliving my my 2wd pritchett adventure hahaha

Thanks, guys!

What an amazing experience this was. This was our second year racing, and we're getting closer to a finish. Fuel pressure issues cost us a lot of down time this year, which ultimately caused us to not make the time cutoff to Pit2. Aside from the fuel issues the MJ performed amazingly all day. We had five trails left between us and the finish, and the car definitely had it left in it. Its a Cadillac in the desert, and a mountain goat in the rocks.

I'll try to get a trip report up with a good race recap.

It is pretty cool now that you can see live updates on the tracker. I was watching the footage and your little bubble.

The Drone coverage was awesome.

Our goal for qualifying was to have a clean run, not push the car and risk breakage, and secure a decent starting position. We executed our plan perfectly.

We pre-ran the qualifying course the night before. With every lap we put down we got more and more confident, mostly with our line on the rock face. While waiting in line for qualifying, we got word the jumps had 3' added to them. Not being super familiar with how the car handles in the air, I chose to check up pretty good on the jumps. I'm actually glad I did, because from the video, and in the car, it nosed down pretty good. This was surprising because we spent so much time trying to build a very balanced car. With more speed and more air, it would have just been that much worse. I definitely didn't want to be the guy who endo's during qualifying.

We ran the same line on the rock face that we practiced the night before. You can see on the video we had to search for traction a bit at the bottom, but she eventually stuck and pulled up. These cars go against everything we learned rec wheeling. My mind constantly says to let off and re-align, but in reality you absolutely have to keep your momentum and just commit. These cars are so overbuilt, it's amazing what they can take.

Ian Johnson who was commentating about the shifting during our run was spot on. We run an Atlas 2-speed 3:0, and there was no way in hell I wanted to shoot that face in high range. The amount of time we lost shifting to low was worth the added control.

All in all we had a solid run, but the competition is fierce. We ended up about mid pack on starting position. Props to the guys putting down 2:00 times, very impressive. Will we choose to qualify next year, absolutely. :cool:

He’s on the Ultra4 registered racers list. :guitar:

3 weeks out! I’ll be there:guitar:

Nice! We've got a few of us from the MWC coming out, you guys need any help? I think I still owe you for the tow through pritchett

Nice! We've got a few of us from the MWC coming out, you guys need any help? I think I still owe you for the tow through pritchett
It would be good to meet up with you guys. We'll be doing a lot of pre-running prior, and then observing the usual KOH shenanigans throughout the week. Maybe we can hit some trails. We'll be camped off the left side of Boone just outside Hammer Town. I'll get you my # if you want to track us down. There will be a few of us down there from the NWC.

Back