• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gear setup - anywhere between Den-FtC

Yucca-Man

NAXJA Member # 683
Who do y'all recommend for setting up gears in my D44? I know John Jacobs used to be the 'go-to' guy but I remember his posting a message awhile back saying he was out of the biz. Of course I can't find it anymore through Yahoo (Colorado-XJ) though.

Anyway, the axle is in Littleton, I'm in Fort Collins so will haul the axle where needed...

Thanks,

yucca, if you were pac NW local i'd say hit randys ring and pinion. i've heard they were kinda spendy but do good work. other than that i couldnt tell ya, i havent gotten anything regeared, yet.

Kris

AhhhhhhH!!!!!! The wolves answered my call! heh-heh....thanks!

AOUWWOOOOOOOO!!!!! (bad howl, sorry):D

Kris

If I wasn't slammed with work I'd help you out.

In Ft Fun try Nick at Xtreme Engineering. He may be able to help you but I believe they are in CA with UROC this weekend, not certain.

XAIRCAV said:
Mark Turner Off Road in Ft.Collins put 4.10's in my D-30 /8.25 diffs. So far, so good.

Personally I would stay as far as possible from Mark Turner Offroad. When Mark owned the business I would not recommend it to my worst enemy, and their reputation has deteriorated since the new owners took over.

Do business with them - AT YOUR OWN RISK. You have been warned.

Thanks for the advice y'all - I went with a recommendation from Colorado XJ and had Tony Lopez in Aurora do the rear. That was no problem since the D44 is still loose; figuring out how to leave my front axle with him will be fun...

Back