• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Train Wreck thread

Train-Drive-By.jpg

I see what you did there Al.

I was going to head to Boston, but I was too late.

David Bricker / SYR

My baby bought a ticket, long as my right arm.

Watch out for Dinah!

David Bricker / SYR

I think I can, I think I can.

David Bricker / SYR

New phones. Period.

San Bernardino PD and County Fire are in Unified Command for a train derailment on BNSF line.

13 tank cars involved with reports of at least two tank cars leaking.

safe_image.php

That will make cleaning up a pile of roofing at the end of Cleghorn look like a walk in the park.

San Bernardino PD and County Fire are in Unified Command for a train derailment on BNSF line.

13 tank cars involved with reports of at least two tank cars leaking.

safe_image.php

You win!

Not exactly a train wreck, but close enough.

My Mini Cooper's at the dealership having the FRM, aka "footwell monitor," replaced under warranty. Service guy texted me saying one of my front parking lights is out, which I already knew, and offering to replace it for $58.35. I've replaced it before. Its a regular sort of bulb and about three minutes of labor. I politely but firmly declined to have them do the job.

I hear you.

After two weeks and two pretty handy dudes looking at my very simple yet very clogged kitchen sink plumbing, using snakes and bladders (sounds like a board game!) and nasty chemicals, I had to finally call out a plumber. I think his price for unclogging the very deep blockage was fair, but then he offered to replace one of the little PVC connectors and a gasket since it was leaking a little (destroyed due to being taken apart 500 times in two weeks lol).

I said nice, how much?

$210.

Two hundred and ten effing dollars, I asked.

Yes.

No thanks. I went to the neighbors later for a beer and he had the parts lying around in his garage. Free fifty free.

Even if I'd have purchased them at the hardware I couldn’t have been looking at much more than a couple bucks haha. I tell ya...

Back