• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Sway Bar Size?

99XJLove

NAXJA Forum User
Okay I'm trying to order new swaybar bushings for my 99 I took a read with my dial calipers but they only read in inches. I can't seem to figure out how to convert it into metric. The calipers read 3.030. Please help me.

Without knowing what calipers you have, I wouldn't know. I do know the stock sway bar on my XJ is nowhere near 3". Grab a tape measure.

Sorry guys I was half asleep before work this morning trying to figure this out so I could order it before I left. The actual size is 1.005 I was reading from the back of the caliper like a rookie:confused1 Now I got it I need a 25mm sway bar bushing. Since 1.005" = roughly 25.5mm I should be okay. Better tight then loose right?

Sorry guys I was half asleep before work this morning trying to figure this out so I could order it before I left. The actual size is 1.005 I was reading from the back of the caliper like a rookie:confused1 Now I got it I need a 25mm sway bar bushing. Since 1.005" = roughly 25.5mm I should be okay. Better tight then loose right?

I'd say 2.54 cm is fairly close to 2.55 (like 1/10 mm). Have ya ever SEEN what 1/10th of a millimeter looks like? Or even 1/1000th of an inch? So, I'd go with 1". Nothing too technical about that, right??

a good method for others in the same situation is to try open end wrenches until one slips over the bar-- snug is the same size. Works well if you're in the JY looking for a replacement and don't have calipers-- assuming you brought your 25mm wrench.....

Back