NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old August 6th, 2005, 07:12
NAXJA Member

XJ charging trouble/fusable link?

This question came to me from a freind at work...he said for the 3rd time over 3 years his XJ isn't charging. The last 2 times it went to the Jeep dealership....where it was repaired with a "fusable link" and a 85.00 bill.
Anyone here of this and if so...where the hell is this link. It's a 95' country. Later.
Old August 6th, 2005, 08:11
NAXJA Forum User

Re: XJ charging trouble/fusable link?

ON my 96 it is right off of the main + distribution stud, located on the front side of the relay box (on the pass. side, behind the battery)

that link is inline to the alternator. i by-passed the OEM fusable link, used a new length of 2/0 and installed a good circuit breaker in-line
(I did this when i re-did all of my OEM battery cables with heavier gauge)

hope this helps

CaptTrev