NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old January 3rd, 2004, 07:35
NAXJA Forum User

beginning exo

my humble start to an exo, will work on it bit by bit

Old January 3rd, 2004, 09:13
NAXJA Forum User

Re: beginning exo

Very nice looking beginnings. The way the flare covers a portion of the the tubing is slick.
Old January 3rd, 2004, 09:45
NAXJA Forum User

Wow! Thats a good idea. I just buckled in the front fenders last week, and was thinking of a way to make something to protect them, without doing a full exo. Nice job.
Old January 3rd, 2004, 16:36
NAXJA Forum User

sweet job! that looks real clean, kinda like Goatman's hidden fender bar, but looks easier to do. So how are you going to do the A pillars and Cowl bar off of that? got any pictures with lines drawn?
Old January 3rd, 2004, 16:52
NAXJA Forum User

No drawings or pictures, just kind of stare at it till something comes to mind and try it, if I like it I move to the next thing and if I don't like it, then I stare at it some more. I have the outer part of the roof halo done but I have to decide on how I want to cross brace it, and I have made the upper fender tube's that will run from the top of the brush gaurd along the edge of the hood and fender and up the pillar to the halo. I will add another tube from that that will follow the edge of the fender down to the rock rail amd then another that will go across the cowl. Problem is poor planning, I ran out of tube so I have to wait till Monday to get some more. I have just enough left to do the things I have listed as far as around the fender and cowl go but not for the halo crossbars and rear pillars and such. I am just doing it a little bit at a time because I have it out in the driveway and have to get some paint on it before the end of the day otherwise I will be fighting rust from the salt air around here
Old January 3rd, 2004, 17:16
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullsizexj
No drawings or pictures, just kind of stare at it till something comes to mind and try it, if I like it I move to the next thing and if I don't like it, then I stare at it some more. I have the outer part of the roof halo done but I have to decide on how I want to cross brace it, and I have made the upper fender tube's that will run from the top of the brush gaurd along the edge of the hood and fender and up the pillar to the halo. I will add another tube from that that will follow the edge of the fender down to the rock rail amd then another that will go across the cowl. Problem is poor planning, I ran out of tube so I have to wait till Monday to get some more. I have just enough left to do the things I have listed as far as around the fender and cowl go but not for the halo crossbars and rear pillars and such. I am just doing it a little bit at a time because I have it out in the driveway and have to get some paint on it before the end of the day otherwise I will be fighting rust from the salt air around here
Are you going to have any supports inside? or is going to be completely EXO? Also, any pics before you put the flare back on?
Old January 3rd, 2004, 17:29
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepFreak21
Are you going to have any supports inside? or is going to be completely EXO? Also, any pics before you put the flare back on?
Have not decided as to weather or not to mount to the inside cage yet, and no pics of flare off because I never took it off
Old January 3rd, 2004, 17:31
NAXJA Forum User

Very cool.
Old January 3rd, 2004, 18:34
NAXJA Forum User

What're those red things in your fenderwell? Are those some cool new shock booties?

-jb
Old January 3rd, 2004, 18:47
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagespeed
What're those red things in your fenderwell? Are those some cool new shock booties?

-jb
Oh you noticed, I wanted to be like my hero Jimmy
Old January 3rd, 2004, 20:01
NAXJA Member

WTF, did you lift that thing higher?

Do you guys wheel or just build?

hinkley
Old January 3rd, 2004, 20:16
NAXJA Forum User

nice start, maybe you can tie the exo on the rock rails, the roof bar and the rear bumper somehow. Each of the points I mentioned probably must be reinforced somehow... just thoughts.
Old January 3rd, 2004, 20:18
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hinkley

hinkley

Nope it still sitting the same as it has always sat for the past 3 years. I will be out at Calico end of the month unless something comes up before then
Old January 3rd, 2004, 22:44
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hinkley

hinkley
Well I dont know about Richard, but I just build. I mean, if I go wheel it I might scratch the paint & rub my wax off. Then there's the very real posibility of decreased mileage. I simply prefer to wheel my driveway, it's close to home in case of breakage.

I actually went wheeling Thursday while you were nursing your hangover Hinky baby!

-jb
Old January 4th, 2004, 02:09
NAXJA Forum User

Looks cool. Is this a daily driver? How do you change your turn signal bulbs?