NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Other Technical Forums > Tow Rigs and Trailers
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Tow Rigs and Trailers Hey, not all of our Jeeps are great on the highway. Post here for tech related to getting your XJ to the trailhead.

Old April 16th, 2011, 18:18
NAXJA Forum User

TJ frame differences?

Alright so the frame on my father's '00 TJ is rusted out, and I've been searching around for a new frame to replace it with. I've been seeing one listed for a while that is supposedly perfect, and with only 40K miles. It is from an '04.

4wd only lists their replacement frame for a '97-'02. My question is are there any differences between the later model year TJ frames and an '00 TJ frame? I've been searching but haven't found much.

Thanks.
Old April 16th, 2011, 20:11
NAXJA Forum User

Specifically I know the steering biz on the '03+ is a different bolt pattern (Mercedes box vs Saginaw). Other than that not sure, but that's a start
Old April 17th, 2011, 17:45
NAXJA Forum User

Re: TJ frame differences?

Skid plate mounting bolts are diff and all I think 00 bolts are metric and 03+ is metric or maybe it's oposite lol.