NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old February 25th, 2010, 19:38
NAXJA Forum User

Sway bar bracket bolt size?

What size are the bolts that secure the front sway bar brackets to the unibody? I need to grab some hardware in the morning for a couple of Jeep projects, but all I've come up with is the part number- 3420 1540. I think it's M12, but I don't know the thread size, or even if it's M12. I've searched, googled, and checked a parts catalog, but I haven't found anything to confirm the size/thread. Can someone help me out here?

Thanks,
Chris
Old February 25th, 2010, 20:09
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Sway bar bracket bolt size?

IIRC they are M10, 1.25 on the threads.

Not 100% though, can measure in the AM.
Old February 26th, 2010, 07:48
NAXJA Forum User

Don't want to tear it down in the driveway at the moment (since I have to drive it to get parts), but it looks like M10x1.5 thread, which seems to be pretty common on the heeps. Surprised that I didn't find it in the many sway bar/drop bracket/stock skid threads.
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:37
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubs97xj View Post
Don't want to tear it down in the driveway at the moment (since I have to drive it to get parts), but it looks like M10x1.5 thread, which seems to be pretty common on the heeps. Surprised that I didn't find it in the many sway bar/drop bracket/stock skid threads.
I've had some success when trying to locate bolt/nut sizes by checking out aftermarket manufacturers websites. Look in the installation instructions--if posted online--they usually have a parts list with hardware details.