NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > SoCal Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

SoCal Chapter The SoCal Chapter covers Southern California and Arizona. Please post local topics here.

Old July 5th, 2009, 20:57
NAXJA Forum User

Shackle Relocators...Fun On The Fourth

We had such fun, three maybe four hours and we're off to a night run to the top of the hill to watch the fireworks in the valley.

From reading the thread these should be easy...Yeah Right:

Here's a pic from their thread showing it on the outside:

Hacking with a saws all and beating with a hammer we could not get close.

Thank You For a WONDERFUL 4th of July and quite the adventure.

Next time I want to buy an up grade for my truck I think I'll go through some more spinal surgery instead, it was more fun.

If the stock shackle boxes were not so hammered up from us trying to get these things to fix on the outside, I would have returned these Pieces Of $hit.

There is no excuse for this, I bought them new, for my truck. And this is what I get.
Old July 5th, 2009, 21:01
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Shackle Relocators...Fun On The Fourth

Wow I was thinking about getting a set. I'll reconsider.
Old July 5th, 2009, 21:04
NAXJA Forum User

I'm curious as to why you didn't just stop putting them on, then call the guy on monday and ask for another set?

How hard is it to just put the shackle back on and then wait for a new set to show up? From what I've seen he's been a very stand up guy as far as customer service is concerned.
Old July 5th, 2009, 21:07
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjjeeper19 View Post
I'm curious as to why you didn't just stop putting them on, then call the guy on monday and ask for another set?

How hard is it to just put the shackle back on and then wait for a new set to show up? From what I've seen he's been a very stand up guy as far as customer service is concerned.
What he said to.
Old July 5th, 2009, 21:10
NAXJA Forum User

I guess you didn't read it all. I said we had saws-all'ed and beat them to death trying to get the holes to line up.
the stock shackle boxes were in no condition to be used.
Old July 5th, 2009, 21:10
NAXJA Forum User

crappy for you! mine were on in less than a couple hours!! Maybe a bad set? maybe a your truck was slightly tweaked? Mine even tied in with a new trailer hitch. Love em, sorry to hear of your poor experience! I have used their other products with nothing but good fit and satisfaction.
Old July 5th, 2009, 21:13
NAXJA Forum User

Trucks never been hit, they were that off on both sides. I am glad your's fit right, I guess they weren't stoned on the day they made your's.
Old July 5th, 2009, 21:15
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Airhart View Post
I guess you didn't read it all. I said we had saws-all'ed and beat them to death trying to get the holes to line up.
the stock shackle boxes were in no condition to be used.

And you didn't think to stop? Nope, instead you are going to flame this Vendor because you beat the crap out of your jeep? TEST FIT! if it doesn't fit, stop what you are doing instead of hacking your jeep up to make them fit the wrong way.

You could have saved youself hours if you would have stopped, put the jeep back the way it was and call or PM the guy tomorrow. After reading this, I think you are the only one I've seen with a problem... maybe it's just your jeep.....
Old July 5th, 2009, 21:18
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Trucks never been hit, they were that off on both sides. I am glad your's fit right, I guess they weren't stoned on the day they made your's.
I'd talk to them,maybe they can send you another set. Most good companies stand by their product and will make things right.

x2 on the flaming, everyone has a percent of error,yes even you!
Old July 5th, 2009, 21:24
Just another minion!

Did I miss something (as I often do) but what company made these relocators?

I'd bet the heat played a role in it!!

Old July 5th, 2009, 21:32
NAXJA Forum User

If I buy a part for my truck, and pay good money for them I expect them to be at least close. A little modification is normal, and we came close but not that close. But I had read their thread, I had read of no problems...They must fit, maybe if we bash the box in more? I bought these here to to support our vendors. But if they can't deliver a part that fits don't sell them to me. Those boxes are welded in and would be very difficult to remove.

If he's your buddy I am sorry but these parts he sold me Suck. I guess I should have said nothing? It's OK if he's your Buddy?
Old July 5th, 2009, 21:33
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump This View Post
Did I miss something (as I often do) but what company made these relocators?

I'd bet the heat played a role in it!!

I didn't say. I got them here.
Old July 5th, 2009, 21:43
The 97 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjjeeper19 View Post
And you didn't think to stop? Nope, instead you are going to flame this Vendor because you beat the crap out of your jeep? TEST FIT! if it doesn't fit, stop what you are doing instead of hacking your jeep up to make them fit the wrong way.

You could have saved youself hours if you would have stopped, put the jeep back the way it was and call or PM the guy tomorrow. After reading this, I think you are the only one I've seen with a problem... maybe it's just your jeep.....
You got that right, these things are wrong..How did they get out of the shop being this far off? A1/4" is alot when they are this thick.. Did you read the tread, SAW ZAW means CUTTING...Like you have to do..We all have off days, but i hope nobody else gets a set of these being this far off.. But if they do they will just wait a week for new ones, hey rent a car to go to work..This is his DD MALL crawler
Old July 5th, 2009, 21:43
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
If I buy a part for my truck, and pay good money for them I expect them to be at least close. A little modification is normal, and we came close but not that close. But I had read their thread, I had read of no problems...They must fit, maybe if we bash the box in more? I bought these here to to support our vendors. But if they can't deliver a part that fits don't sell them to me. Those boxes are welded in and would be very difficult to remove.

If he's your buddy I am sorry but these parts he sold me Suck. I guess I should have said nothing? It's OK if he's your Buddy?
How hard would it have been to stop and call the guy tomorrow rather than flame him on here? All that time with MS paint and photobucket pointing out all the problems could have been used to call the guy and state your case. My bet is that he would have sent you a new set. If that set didn't fit, chances are it your jeep

Oh... and he's not my buddy, but I would do buisness with him again...
Old July 5th, 2009, 21:50
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmcneal View Post
You got that right, these things are wrong..How did they get out of the shop being this far off? A1/4" is alot when they are this thick.. Did you read the tread, SAW ZAW means CUTTING...Like you have to do..We all have off days, but i hope nobody else gets a set of these being this far off.. But if they do they will just wait a week for new ones, hey rent a car to go to work..This is his DD MALL crawler

lets see, a few small cuts and bend the flange in right?
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=955999

You guys just cut the flange off, if it didn't fit at this point, stop, put the shackle back in and call the guy the next day. Even if you did make a few small cuts like the thread had show, you could still put it back in, weld the cuts up, and give the guy a call. He didn't make you cut and SAWZALL your jeep.