NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 2nd, 2019, 16:46
NAXJA Forum User

clayton 3 link cross, diy arms/mount?

figure Ill ask you guys before I find myself in a pickle.

Ive been toying with a long arm for a while and thus far. Im kinda liking the idea of something like the Clayton 3 link crossmember and building my own arms for hopefully saving some coin, and something fun to do.

the speedbump Im curious about is adding a press in johnny joint to the diff mount and building the upper arm to fit this, vs clayton welds a giant 3/8 bracket to everything on the pumkin.

Does anyone have a similar set up and do you think there would be enough separation to clear the driveshaft to use the JJ?