• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE SWAP FROM 93 TO 96XJ

C85D4x4

NAXJA Member #1311
Ok guys im asking this b/c i dont have the time to search right now b/c im at work.

Today get some free time after work and so Im planing to swap my AA SYE kit from a 93xj to my new 96xj.

Im not swapping the hole thing b/c i put alot of off-roading miles on the 93, and the 96 was owned buy a woman(only owner) in NC, and she has never even used 4wd.

SO......i didnt install the AA SYE the 93 so this will be my first time in the TC

.......WHat i need to know is what seals or parts do i need to get from the autostore??? to do this swap??

I need it for both TC bc im selling the 93 to some 1 else

Thanks alot guys
Chris

X2, would think it'd be easier to just swap the TCs...?

b/c the 96 is newer with less miles and 4wd was really never used. Plus the 93 TC is leaking so i need to open it anyways. I just was thinking that using the 96 TC would be better.

I guess I was thinking that you would most likely remove the t-case on the 93to replace the seals and remove the t-case from the 96 to get the SYE out so why not remove both and just swap the whole thing? Then you only have to operate on one t-case to replace seals.

Do you know where it's leaking from?

Jeepsloth said:
I guess I was thinking that you would most likely remove the t-case on the 93to replace the seals and remove the t-case from the 96 to get the SYE out so why not remove both and just swap the whole thing? Then you only have to operate on one t-case to replace seals.

Do you know where it's leaking from?

Its leaking from the main split in the housing?
plus i for got that it seems that the front drive shaft output is loose in the 93 (moves in and out), and......i have grinded the gears inside the 93 in the past (the linkage adjuster came loose) and the AA SYE is still fairly new. I dont mind that i have to replace the seals in both, I just think the 96 is in better shape.

C85D4x4 said:
b/c the 96 is newer with less miles and 4wd was really never used. Plus the 93 TC is leaking so i need to open it anyways. I just was thinking that using the 96 TC would be better.
Why not swap them and rebuild the 93 in the process, you'd have to open it anyway and that way you could have a totally fresh case for your ride.

ill take ur guys word for it,
What do i need to fix the front ds out put.....i just looked at it and it dosnt move back and forth but (i was thinking that it was) but the dust shield seems to be pushed out?

jeeperjohn said:
Why not swap them and rebuild the 93 in the process, you'd have to open it anyway and that way you could have a totally fresh case for your ride.

I will rebuild it but not at this time b/c im low on $$$

Here are some pics

Edit:WOW SRY REALLY BIG FORGOT TO RESIZE

61wzrdc.jpg

5z5wxfk.jpg

53pzgah.jpg

Can ya resize them so we can see more than 25% of the pic at once? It might be a bit easier to determine what you're referring to.

CanMan said:
Looks like the case is leaking, and possibly the front output seal. Possibly the fill plug too.

Here is a good write up on the SYE install.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=74749

Perty simple to do really.

Thanks....

Does any 1 have an good tricks to getting to the top nuts on the TC when trying to take it out?

I have already got it as low as it can go....but i still dont have enough room to wrench on it.

Thanks,
Chris

Back