• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Error Code 5 5

white96xj

NAXJA Forum User
I checked my 96xj to see if there were any codes and the error code 5 5 came up. I checked in other threads to see if there was any information on it but I didnt find anything. I turned the car on off on off on and the check engine light blinked 5 times then another 5 times. I hope that I did it right. Please let me know if anyone has any suggesgtions.

Code 55 means "End Of Test". Basically if there are NO fault codes stored in the PCM it will blink out a code 55 to tell you its all done. As well, if you did have codes, after they all blinked out, you'd then get a code 55 to tell you its all done.

So thats good news, no codes, as far as you PCM is concerned the motor is running well.

Code 12 means "Battery Power Disconnected within the last 50 Starts". Thats a code people get often that does NOT require attention. Sometime you get it even if the battery's fine and has been connected for years. IMHO, if the battery is getting a little weak, starting the car can draw down the voltage enough that it trips that code.

Back