• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Sat. project

crazy4mopar

NAXJA Forum User
My Saturday project!
I cut up the front fenders, rolled the back fenders and put on my 33x12.50.15's :cool: :D
tires1.jpg

tires2.jpg

tires3.jpg

tires4.jpg

Ted Z said:
How did you roll them like that?
Take a look at the 4th picture. I made cuts just about every 3/4". with my sawzall. I cut up to within a 1/8" from the body line and tapped the tabs back slowly. I looks pretty clean

Hey Lee, I think I caught a quick glimps of you rollin' by this (Sat)morning (I'm guessin' it was you). You'll have to drive slower next time so I can get a better look. What I saw looked good though! Did you already have the 33s on?

That was me with the 31's on. I saw your rig when I was checking out your neighbors (the Waldens) bobbed chevy across the street from you, They used to be my tenants. Sweet ride!

Guess what! My son's Boy Scout leader here in Woodland just inherited an 87 XJ (kinda,Cousin left for 2 years in the military) . From what he say's this thing sounds like a monster:D. It has about 10" of lift with front leaf springs and all the cool toys that go with it. Pictures coming soon!

What backspacing did you go with on those wheels.
Still only a 3 1/2" lift?
Flexed it yet?

basalt51 said:
What backspacing did you go with on those wheels.
Still only a 3 1/2" lift?
Flexed it yet?
I think they are 3.75 or 4.00 BS.
3 1/2 front springs ( Seemed more like 5") :eek:
It lifted the front 5 5/8" when I put them on. It has 3 1/2" add-a-leaf and 1 1/2" lift shackles to level the rear.
Not flexed yet, It still has the stock shocks on it! :rolleyes:
I have an order in to 4wheel parts for Procomp 3000's.

crazy4mopar said:
I think they are 3.75 or 4.00 BS.
3 1/2 front springs ( Seemed more like 5") :eek:
It lifted the front 5 5/8" when I put them on. It has 3 1/2" add-a-leaf and 1 1/2" lift shackles to level the rear.
Not flexed yet, It still has the stock shocks on it! :rolleyes:
I have an order in to 4wheel parts for Procomp 3000's.

@#$%,:mad: 4wheel parts had to order them from LA and will take 8 days to get them, how lame.
So,I had to ordered a set of 9000's from Summit with boots (112.33) that's 30.00 cheaper than the 3000's from 4wheel parts :D

Back