NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old March 6th, 2004, 09:22
NAXJA Forum User

Error Code on 98 XJ

I am getting this error code P0505. Its Idle control system malfuntion. What is this and how do I fix it?
Old March 8th, 2004, 08:39
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Error Code on 98 XJ

Does anyone have any idea what I should be looking at so I can get the check engine light off?
Old March 8th, 2004, 10:06
NAXJA Forum User

P0505 is described as 'Idle Air Control Motor Circuits' with the fix as 'A shorted or open condition in one or more of the idle air control motor circuits'. Plug loose somewhere? Bad motor? There were a couple of recent threads on the same thing and they had mixed results on fixing the problem. Start with the idle air control motor and go from there. Good luck and let us know.
Old March 8th, 2004, 13:46
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossHoffer
P0505 is described as 'Idle Air Control Motor Circuits' with the fix as 'A shorted or open condition in one or more of the idle air control motor circuits'. Plug loose somewhere? Bad motor? There were a couple of recent threads on the same thing and they had mixed results on fixing the problem. Start with the idle air control motor and go from there. Good luck and let us know.
Can you tell me where the idle air control motor is located and what it looks like?