• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

attention those going to moab

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Does anyone have about 2" longer rear bumpstops???? or anywhere between 1" and 2" ?? And.... would you be willing to part with them at a good price (or loan them for duration of moab if you have them laying in the garage....)

Drop me an email
Thanks
Kejtar

it's those little gismos that save my shocks from falling appart or save me from ripping of my shock mounts on the axle or punching a hole into the cargo area....

Kejtar

You don't need those. 2x4 bailing wired to the spring?

For a weeks trip I would be tempted to visit the local hardware store for some longer bolts and aluminum spacers.

Lincoln

Kejtar said:
well... that is the question of hte day... what size are those bolts???

Kejtar

you could take them out and compare...???

you could always take your shocks off...:D

Yeah I know... but it's kind of hard to crawl under the XJ during lunch at in the parking lot while on my way to hardware store.... I just reazlied that I should have taken it off last night and held on to the bolts as they (bumpstops) are not really doing anything for me at the moment... but then again hindsight is 20/20..... you know how that goes....

Anyways, if anyone knows the bolt size, that'd be great :D

Kejtar

Kejtar, I could probably hook you up with some 2" tubes to put above your stock bumpstops, already all drilled out and ready to go. Thats what I'm running right now, and they are doing me no good, so I could probably part with them if the need be. Let me know before tomorrow, because thats when I'll be under there.

PhatXJ said:
Kejtar, I could probably hook you up with some 2" tubes to put above your stock bumpstops, already all drilled out and ready to go. Thats what I'm running right now, and they are doing me no good, so I could probably part with them if the need be. Let me know before tomorrow, because thats when I'll be under there.

If you could grab them that'd be great :D As if not me, then someone else will end up needing those LOL...
Kejtar

Just go to a metal shop and ask them for a piece of 1X2" steel tube. They can cut it for you or maybe you can find what you need in their bone yard. Then just drill out the mounting holes yourself.

Kejtar said:
If you could grab them that'd be great :D As if not me, then someone else will end up needing those LOL...
Kejtar

Well, let me know if you want me to take them out and have them ready for you or not. I'm not gonna take them out just 'in case' someone needs them, but if I know you'll use them, I'll take them out.

Actually, you won't need to. The bolts needed to attach the tubes to the XJ will be with them, and the bolts you attach the bumpstops to the tube with you should already have.

I dunno, you'll figure it out ;)

I'll be in SR Campground Mon, or Tues night at the latest.

I think I got it covered :D I went to Home Depot (only place close enough for a lunch time excursion) and I got a fencing post (2" square.. steel)..... my plan is to drill out a hole big enough for a 3/8" bolt in the top so that the bumpstop can be mounted to it... and so that that I can use it to push through a small (1/4") extension so that I can bolt directly the steel to the frame. Then I will use short 3/8" bolts with nuts and lock washers to bolt the bumpstop to the steel :D

Kejtar

Back