• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Fest 2022 ! Aug 1st-7th !

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
There will be more to come so stay tuned !

The dates have been chosen Sierra Fest 2022 Aug 1st-7th
Pre game at the loon spillway July31st.

We are already reaching out to vendors for raffle donations and event sponsorships.

please post up here with questions !

Itinerary :
pregame sunday - camp at trail head or wheel into the RTF property NAXJA spot
Monday : loon to Buck/springs/RTF property -many places to choose
Tues at springs - Taco Tuesday for dinner
wheel out weds morning at 7am from springs.
Weds drive to Hermit. Stop at Markleeville hot springs and clean up . Hurry up and relax.
Thurs chill out day - usually drive to the lake, maybe drive some random dirt roads to random lakes.
Friday - Slick Rock
Saturday - Deer Valley
Sat Night - Raffle and BBQ
Sun - go home you dirty jeepers.

Last edited:
please post up here with questions !

I only have one very important question:
What's the likelihood of some of this dutch oven goodness making an appearance at this years SF? :chef:

mUuGwFR.jpg

Maybe ill bring my dutch oven and make some corn bread as long as Art shows up !

hey Art did you get your coilovers figured out yet?

What’s the preferred motel near Tahoma? Or is there one?

I recommend to go to hermit that day.

I tried the hotel thing before, I hated it. I have been going straight to hermit. We resupply in tahoe, do laundry, and refuel. While we do that , we also order sandwiches at beachhut. All of the above is in the same shopping center with the Raleys .

Then we stop at the hot springs in Markleeville to shower and use the hot springs.

The hot springs require reservations since Covid started . But the hot springs might not be open this year due to the Tamarack fire that literally got right up to the hot springs and burnt down some of the buildings. we will see.

lake alpine lodge has pay showers, 3.25$ in quarters is required for a 5 min shower.

Maybe ill bring my dutch oven and make some corn bread as long as Art shows up !

hey Art did you get your coilovers figured out yet?

Awesome, and we got it in writing here folks! :laugh3:

Yeah, picked up two new coilovers and all sorted out.

Sorry, buggy/green sticker/obligate trailering. I’m already imagining just parking the truck at Tahoe and running solo towards Loon until I were to meet the group. And it would be worth the hotel room for Sunday night and not drive up from Sac on Monday morning.

So I’d meet the group at like Granite Bowl :D

Sorry, buggy/green sticker/obligate trailering. I’m already imagining just parking the truck at Tahoe and running solo towards Loon until I were to meet the group. And it would be worth the hotel room for Sunday night and not drive up from Sac on Monday morning.

Art has a place in tahoe where he parks his tow rig. its a group campsite with tons of parking.

Art you got details?

The spot is down the road from the Raleys.

I've been parking at Tahoe Valley campground but this won't help Phil since he'd still have to drive on the 89 to Tahoma. Might as well park at Tahoma staging.

Cool, on tons??

I thought I read you moved out of state?

on Tons, all the parts finally came starting the swap this weekend.
Moving to Reno unless something changes, GF has been there for the last 7 weeks working at renown hospital.

I've been parking at Tahoe Valley campground but this won't help Phil since he'd still have to drive on the 89 to Tahoma. Might as well park at Tahoma staging.

Yes, I was just trying to see if there was still a recommended place to stay Sunday night instead jetting up from Sac on Monday morning. Hell, I could bring the big trailer and camp in the Tahoe staging area but I don’t think that’s a thing that is done.

I’ve been assuming this will be the typical wheeling in on Monday, hiking and relaxing Tuesday, out to Tahoe (and Hermit Valley) on Wednesday?

Thanks for cross posting over in the NE chapter.

A bunch of us had looked at doing this trip in '22, and started figuring out logistics, but it fell through so the plans got shelved.

I have a conference in Vegas starting the evening of the 4th, and I was planning on road tripping out anyway...not necessarily towing the buggy out, but that might be back on the table now.

Theoretically if I put it together, I'd do as you said up there - camp/stage at the Tahoma trailhead Saturday night, cannonball the thing to Loon on Sunday, and then enjoy a leisurely pace back to Tahoma for a few days before heading down to my thing in Vegas on Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

*edit - or cannonball on Monday, whatever.

I've been up to Loon a few times, even took a rental to the granite bowl one year for Steaks & Stories, and drove up to the Tahoma trailhead once when I had a few days to kill at Tahoe. It's the bit in between those two that I'd like to cross off the list, and might as well do it twice :)

Buggy is good to go as it sits, tow rig needs some love and thorough going-over...but I'll keep this penciled in, if y'all don't mind an oddball buggy tagging along :roll:

26082724294_aa5553d983_b.jpg

Jeepers Jamboree ends (and drives out Tahoe side) on Sunday 7/31 so I would not plan on going in then. Though if I think about it too much I will talk myself out of even trying to park in the staging area Sunday night.

You have the right shape headlight cutouts on your grille, let’s go!

More info to come soon guys.

I'd like to make a proposal for the trip schedule which I think would make the trip a little different and maybe a lot more fun.

No changes for the usual wheeling into Buck Island Lake on Monday and Rubicon Springs on Tuesday for the big BBQ.

Then instead of going up Cadillac Hill on Wednesday and doing nothing on Thursday, we run the trail backwards to Buck Island lake on Wednesday and out to Loon Lake, then trek on over to Hermit Valley on Thursday.

Why you ask?

Running up Cadillac Hill is nothing very exciting and the trail from the top of the hill out to the Tahoma staging area SUCKS.

Most of the group never gets to run backwards from Rubicon Springs.

This gives us another day of wheeling. Personally I like to wheel for first part of each day and relax for the second part of each day. Sitting around and doing nothing all day on Thursday is really boring!

Anyone who needs to trailer their rig will be able to start and end the run in the same place which will help them immensity.

It's an easy drive from Loon to Hermit Valley and there is a market just up 50 a little bit from the 50/89 junction where everyone can resupply as needed on their way.

Thoughts???

Back