• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My XJ has a loose front bump stop

90Pioneer

NAXJA Forum User
My 96 XJ sporting a RE 5.5LA lift has been making a heck of a racket when going over bumps. I crawled under it just now and found my bump stop in the driver side coil of my Dana 30 is just floating around in there, not secured like the other one.

I'm wondering what is the best way to make it stay in place, and if I will need to remove the coil or the wheel/tire?

If it's anything like my drivers one, it's trashed. Mine just got dry rotted and broke off so I haven't had one on there for about 6 months. I'm currently looking for some extended ones. Did the whole thing fall out or is it broken?

on my 98 my drivers side is bent forward sharply almost to the point its touching the coil.... anythoughts on straighting it?... i havent actualy looked at it closely just know its there... its on the list. thx

Back