• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upper Radiator Hose Collapses

Kyle Petterson

NAXJA Forum User
Just like the title reads, my upper radiator hose collapses. If I'm driving around town, it's fine. If I hit the freeway, it starts to run warm. Doesn't overheat, just hotter than it should. Everything in the cooling system is new with the exception of the overflow, which is good. When I get home from work I can hear the coolant boiling and the upper hose is flat. Any ideas?

89 4.0 AW4.

Nope. OE pump. I was having the same problem w/ the lower hose, I replaced it w/ a factory one w/ a spring, it worked great for a couple days, then the upper one started collapsing.

radiator cap????????? have you been looking at your recovery tank?when you open the cap when,carefully when it has not built up pressure-well since it is COLLAPSED there is'nt any:gee: wehn you open it there probably is a "suction" sound I'll bet...........cap no werkky..........Have you made sure it is full and no "air"pockets?????

serpintine belt routed correctly?

I'm not trying to insult but I've done stranger things

my 89 did the same thing, i had to burp it, it had a big air pocket in it.. if you have the stock closed sym in it you need to remove the sending unit in the back of the motor, jack up the back so the air will escape. then add more coolant to fell the rad.

1989 xj, 6.5 lift with 33s an no cutting of fenders

Back