• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going Through a Beater XJ 4.0.

If he starts making Star wars or Infinity wars movie I may turn into click bate here. LOL.

But I do read the titles, LOL.

I can read/scan 5-10 pages in about 1-2 minutes for what I need. Videos put me to sleep, if they do not annoy the fork out of me first. They remind me of summer time waiting for Christmas morning LOL.

But when I really want to see exactly how to do something, they are nice if you can find them indexed for the task at hand quickly.

or
I can't stand watching videos but I can tell you've done quite a bit. Got a summary by any chance?

If he starts making Star wars or Infinity wars movie I may turn into click bate here. LOL.

But I do read the titles, LOL.

I can read/scan 5-10 pages in about 1-2 minutes for what I need. Videos put me to sleep, if they do not annoy the fork out of me first. They remind me of summer time waiting for Christmas morning LOL.

But when I really want to see exactly how to do something, they are nice if you can find them indexed for the task at hand quickly.

or

What can I tell you. I'm a video guy.

Re: Going Through a Beater XJ 4.0. NSS refurb worked !!

I wonder if it was linkage or the NSS electrical that caused it. Could it just be that the weather is no longer cold enough for now? Mine was always coldest winter morning start up issues till the Tranny fluid warmed up on the reverse issues. TRans-X always fixed mine, plus transfusions to fresh fluid to clean out traces of varnish in the valve body....

What is there in the NSS operation that even cause a reverse issue, I was under the impression you cut power/fuse to the NSS (once the rig was running), or disconnect the NSS and still get reverse gear?

Temps down into the 30's and lower 40's. The trans still goes into reverse with no problem. Starts in neutral and park as well. Not a single problem since the refurb of the NSS.

Temps down into the 30's and lower 40's. The trans still goes into reverse with no problem. Starts in neutral and park as well. Not a single problem since the refurb of the NSS.

What??? No click bate video? LOL, JK.

Very interesting. But I still see no way the NSS (with the TCU disconnected) could have any effect on the transmission not being able to shift into reverse. My memory may foggy on this, but I thought with the TCU disconnected, Reverse still worked based on mechanical shifting/hydraulics and did not need an electric solenoid to power up to shift into Reverse. In other words, I thought the NSS and TCU had no control of reverse.

What??? No click bate video? LOL, JK.

Very interesting. But I still see no way the NSS (with the TCU disconnected) could have any effect on the transmission not being able to shift into reverse. My memory may foggy on this, but I thought with the TCU disconnected, Reverse still worked based on mechanical shifting/hydraulics and did not need an electric solenoid to power up to shift into Reverse. In other words, I thought the NSS and TCU had no control of reverse.

I understand. But reverse has worked perfectly in summer and winter since I went through the NSS. It has 7 wires, so it's not a simple part.

Re: Going Through a Beater XJ 4.0. MT2400 repair.

This older graphing scan tool from Snapon is helping me get through iac issues with this 4.0 xj. Also useful for looking at the cps. Bought it broken, and repaired it, as shown in this video.

https://youtu.be/2WRD5lGA8Wc

Awesome, not many us around these days that buy something broken, so we can fix it, so we can use it to fix something that is broken so we can find more broken stuff to fix.:D

We are nearly extinct critters in the US.

This older graphing scan tool from Snapon is helping me get through iac issues with this 4.0 xj. Also useful for looking at the cps. Bought it broken, and repaired it, as shown in this video.

https://youtu.be/2WRD5lGA8Wc

Awesome, not many us around these days that buy something broken, so we can fix it, so we can use it to fix something that is broken so we can find more broken stuff to fix.:D

We are nearly extinct critters in the US.

Agreed !!

Back