• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CO- Governor/Sydney Basins

Handlebars

NAXJA Member #135
Love the alpine wildflowers of Yankee Boy Basin but hate the traffic? Governor Basin is an obscure left turn from the Yankee Boy Road. It takes you up to the Mountain Top Mine. Along the way is a rough, off camber trail that leads to the spectacular wildflower display in Sydney Basin. Due to the roughness of this trail you will find that you have a show similar to Yankee Boy Basin all to yourself.

On the way to Governor Basin
orig.jpg

The ramparts of Saint Sophia Ridge
orig.jpg

The Mountaintop Mine
orig.jpg

Rough, off-camber route into Sydney Basin
orig.jpg

But what a spectacular wildflower display!
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Narrow, off-camber route down from Sydney Basin:
orig.jpg

Breathtaking view out the passenger window
orig.jpg

But you get to see Twin Falls and the traffic on Yankee Boy from a safe distance:
orig.jpg

orig.gif

Attachments

• Governer,Sydney Basin.gpx
    59.6 KB · Views: 7
Alex, just a little bit disappointed you didn't name all the wildflowers but fantastic pictures anyway! ha ha ha. I really need to get up into Colorado one day. (I'm going to consult my books and see if I can name some of them, I know Lupin for one,and some kind of aster but going to have to find the rest).

Back