• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5L pictures?

19864cyl

NAXJA Forum User
Can someone with a fuel injected 2.5 take some pictures of their motor for me? I bought my xj without the motor in it and would like to make sure I have everything right. All the place I have the grounds etc etc were just my best guess. Also there were a few diff vacuume diagrams for the same year so I want to see if I have that right too. Any pics would be a huge help and greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Go pick up a FSM. They will have detailed exploded views and pictures of everything.

http://www.autobooksbishko.com/index.html

LICENSED reprints of the original books and also on CD. CDs are the best buy at $37; can be copied to your hard drive, PDF format, searchable and you can print from it.

Just a suggestion, but if you can find one in a salvage yard that is fairly intact, or one running around town, that would allow you to get the exact pictures you need.

http://www.autobooksbishko.com/index.html

LICENSED reprints of the original books and also on CD. CDs are the best buy at $37; can be copied to your hard drive, PDF format, searchable and you can print from it.

Just a suggestion, but if you can find one in a salvage yard that is fairly intact, or one running around town, that would allow you to get the exact pictures you need.

There is this flea market down the road from my house that has an 86 with a 2.5 but he says its locked and his son has the keys to it. I've stopped by there like 10 times and the guy always gives me the run around.

Watch Craigslist in your area, I don't think a single day goes by that there isn't one or more Cherokees for sale.

Where can i get one and how much does it cost?
Any auto parts stores, they are around 30-40 i believe, i havnt bought one in years.

Any auto parts stores, they are around 30-40 i believe, i havnt bought one in years.

Unfortunately, what you will find is the Haynes and Chilton, under $20 for either one, and both are worthless.

Haynes were pretty good at one time, but they are just too wrong too many times, too simplistic to the point of confusing the novice that needs it most, and they try to cover too much so then end up not covering anything.

Back