• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Durango Steering Box

VET'S XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Well I did the swap yesterday, everything turned out great. Followed "Jeepin Jason's" write up on NAXJA and it turned out great. I only replaced the high pressure line and return line not the whole pump. Used the C-rok inner plate with some .25" washers(from an old set of u-bolts). Everything was an exact fit from the stock box to the durango. Only drove it around on the street and it seems to be a little quicker to turn. I dont know if that means it is "stronger" or just geared a little different than stock... So heres the parts list I used:

'99 Dodge Durango Steering gear box(318 ci V8 4x4)~$230
C-rok Inner spacer~$40
Stock XJ High Pressure and return lines~ $35
0.25" of washers or spacer of your choice~free

Oh yea my box had 3 turnes lock to lock so I dont believe there are any of the "spacers" inside the gear box as some had mentioned on Jeepforum...All in all a good swap, not real hard except for holding the gear box in place to line up bolts--Heavy!
Now I just need to do my ball joints, another day I guess.
Bryan

No Problem...

Back