• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Switchin yota rear bolt bolt pattern...

mwm

NAXJA Forum User
Im thinking bout getting a rear yota diff cuz they are so cheap but i know you need 2" spacers for em. Is there any fairly cheap way to switch the bolt pattern to 5 on 4.5?

mwm said:
Im thinking bout getting a rear yota diff cuz they are so cheap but i know you need 2" spacers for em. Is there any fairly cheap way to switch the bolt pattern to 5 on 4.5?

use a tacoma 2wd V6 rear end

about the right width, factory e-locker rear end option and already 5 on 4.5

mwm said:
The common "IFS rears" are actually only about 1.5 inches narrower than XJ axles at about 58.5, so really you would only need 3/4" spacers. However that doesn't take care of the fact that XJ leafs won't fit between the drums.

BrettM said:
The common "IFS rears" are actually only about 1.5 inches narrower than XJ axles at about 58.5, so really you would only need 3/4" spacers. However that doesn't take care of the fact that XJ leafs won't fit between the drums.
What do you mean they wont fit? My buddys got a rear v6 on his XJ but his bolt pattern doesnt matter cuz his front waggy is 6 bolt. I just dont want mismatched rims

mine was from a 93 i just found out and it seemed that it was the correct width till i measured where the spring perches would sit and realized it wouldnt work.so unless you get a v6 taco 2wd or wanna run inboard leafs like brett said it isnt going to work to well. so i decided to get an 8.8 and to stick the yota axle in my nissan trail rig.

Back