• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 headlights and hardware fit a 87?

Might depend on how much hardware you're talking about. I believe the headlights and innards are the same, as are the parking lights, but they did change the grille a bit around 91, so if you need to do the grille and surround you'll have to get the whole assembly. I'm also not sure about the headlight bezels. I think they're the same but wouldn't guarantee it.

Headlight bezels are not the same. The '91 change eliminated the separate trim strip across the top of the grille. In the early XJs, this was a strip over the grille, and short separate strips above the headlight bezels. In '91 the separate strips were eliminated and made part of the grille and the headlight bezels.

The headlight buckets themselves should be the same.

SO, disregard the bezels, the buckets and hardware are the same and will fit on a 87. I can cut the bezels if needed, they are plastic

Back