• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The to do list

That's awesome news, Bob, glad to hear it.

Jeep is as ready as its gonna be. Still sometimes getting a p0171 running lean code but just gonna run it as is. Picking up the rental trailer on Wednesday

Ran my CB test today, it's working good now. Must have been the mis-wired microphone extension causing issues in October.

Parking brake is a little loose, but that isn't a showstopper.

I started driving the jeep, found out the ball joints were toast. While replacing them i found i had a broken caliper guide pin and cracked caliper. I ended up buying 2 new calipers and pads along with 4 ball joints. $400 later my jeep is almost ready again

I started driving the jeep, found out the ball joints were toast. While replacing them i found i had a broken caliper guide pin and cracked caliper. I ended up buying 2 new calipers and pads along with 4 ball joints. $400 later my jeep is almost ready again

Oh no...and I know that feeling, the xj did that to me.

STROKER

Parking brake is a little loose, but that isn't a showstopper.

Well, that escalated a bit - turns out that part of my issue with the brake was the driver's side body bracket peeling away the body, like the passenger side did several years back. Fortunately a hunk of 1/8 plate, some bolts, and a uni-bit solved that, then it was just a matter of getting the drums properly adjusted, and now I have a solid parking brake again.

Just got to get packed, pick up a few things tomorrow morning, and I should be good to load up and roll out.

Back