• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Campin' at the river

4ward

NAXJA Forum User
Well, since it looks like there's no booze allowed at the super close campground and it looks like any other campround/ lodging is at least a half hour drive, I'm camping at the river this year. Fires and booze consumption is allowed as far as I know and there's plenty of room, there's even enough room to park a bus full of beer there (hint, hint). Now mind you that this isn't an official spot, but that's where I'm stayin' cuz it's free and 5 mins. from the park. I've got friends from CO coming to pick up some axles I've been working on and they're coming out to play too. We'll all be camped down there so come on by and have a cold or hot one with us. I'll only be there fri. night as far as I know.

Sean

I'm leaving it up in the air where we're parking the bus. Can I get the bus down there with out winching it out in the event of a thaw??? I may camp at the river Friday, then smuggle beer into the other site (did I say that out loud???) on Sat, I don't know, Hell, I don't know if my jeep will be done by then.

Macgyvr is checking about the fire thing, it would be sad if we can't even have a fire, even for the sake of cooking, I got a cool new grill for christmas that needs to have a few steaks cooked up on it, it's too clean now!!

Camping

A fire down by the river is not allowed since its within city limits.

I'm waiting to hear back from the campground owner reference fires there, he is trying to get a special permit for us to have a fire there if he doesn't get his permanent fire permit intime since he's in city limits as well.

Beer at the super close campground is going to be a common sense thing...

mac 'still not sure if i'll camp or not' gyvr

[quote:b5b7f2d684="Fore Wheeler"]What? Not tough enough to camp with the real men????[/quote:b5b7f2d684]

When was the last time you sleept in a tent in Febuary?

[quote:e477ffb2ce="Scott Mac."][quote:e477ffb2ce="Fore Wheeler"]What? Not tough enough to camp with the real men????[/quote:e477ffb2ce]

When was the last time you sleept in a tent in Febuary?[/quote:e477ffb2ce]

I'd do it no problem, but seeing I have the bus I'm sure my wife would want me to sleep with her.

What I'll do to keep the peace.

last year.........

The Thursday (maybe friday) night of winterfest weekend last year....

I froze my ass off, it wasn't much fun...even after drinking beezil's homebrew...

mac 'remember, you were there' gyvr

jezuz kriste!

buncha fawkin girlz.....

Can't handle their liquor, and can't handle the cold, gawd damn....

I can't believe all the bitching about the cold, and "no fires"

If anyone wants to take my "be a man" seminar, we'll be heading up to the arrowhead of minnesota, where we will snowshoe up gooseberry falls, and make a nice cozy camp in -30 degree weather...

oh, and no tents. tents do not provide warmth. they're only more crap to carry. they have an r-value of DICK.

wanna stay warm int he winter, dig a shelter into the side of a snow drift, and have a great night sleep....

buncha goddamn women.

[quote:9585a8debc="Beezil"]jezuz kriste!

buncha fawkin girlz.....

Can't handle their liquor, and can't handle the cold, gawd damn....

I can't believe all the bitching about the cold, and "no fires"

If anyone wants to take my "be a man" seminar, we'll be heading up to the arrowhead of minnesota, where we will snowshoe up gooseberry falls, and make a nice cozy camp in -30 degree weather...

oh, and no tents. tents do not provide warmth. they're only more crap to carry. they have an r-value of xxxxx.

wanna stay warm int he winter, dig a shelter into the side of a snow drift, and have a great night sleep....

buncha goddamn women.[/quote:9585a8debc]

Anybody else hear a Monty Python tune playin' in your head when you read that post?

Hmmm. I remember two years ago at Winterfest (my first), I tried to sleep in my rig. We camped out at that weird guy's empty lot close to the river. Walter, Sean and ??, Scotty Mac and myself. The temps were well into the sub-0 zones. I don't remember you being there Beezil?
Where did you stay again? In a snowdrift?
I once lived in an enclosed snowmobile trailer with my dad for a few winter months at a campground. Had to thaw the shower with a Coleman lantern everyday.
I'll teach ya how to be a man.

Scooter

Wasn't that the night half of them crashed in some chicks place. I don't think anybody got it but they where warm. Then there was the buck that pulled into the middle of the camp site to test some springs at 2am

the only thing I remember is some big mama chasing ky chris around the table, and jj soothing some other girl down off of a crystal meth hangover.....

IIRC, jj took my socks off of my feet to use as some kind of rudimetary pillow later that night....

wierd........

That was a good one

I will be down by the river friday night as well. Looks like JJ is coming along w/ me for the ride.

If it hits below 0 i may think about grabbing a room at the Boswell.....

I looked at Expedia last night and a lot of area hotels are already fully booked that weekend...i dont know what going on in IN , maybe V-day everyone takes their girls to the Red roof for a romantic shag....but they are filling up fast

anyhow....i most likely will hunker down w/ my large sack and drink w/ the men down by the river.....

Back