• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME & JKS compatibility

beakie

NAXJA Forum User
as it says I am trying to find some OME shocks that will pair up with the JKS BPE's and I have front and back, aswell as JKS upper shock conversions in the front. So ideally they'd be be open eyelets top and bottom for both the front and rear.
I've tried searching using what I thought were common terms but nothing useful is coming up. If you have some ideas, or some threads you know of that would help I'd appreciate it.
I am running 4.75" of lift so need new shocks but can't find a proper site that sells or shows anything other than vehicle specific. I guess I'll have to email some sites directly for assitance.

So OME shocks that fit 4.75" of lift, with open eyes top n bottom.
I am going this route after hearing how long a wait (and $$) it will be to get Bilsteins up here.
thanks in advance.

Hey. I have 4.5" of lift and I use OME 36L's in the rear with JKS BPE's. The 36L's are open eye. JKS says their BPE's are not compatable with OME shocks because the bar is longer than the eye is wide. All you have to do is put a stainless steel washer on the bar to make it tight around the eye of the shock. In my case, one stainless steel washer (I can't remember the size) fit perfectly. If you search NAXJA I am sure there is a writeup for this somewhere. I have OME's on the front but no BPE's yet.

Go here:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19804

If you have conversions up front with 4.75" of lift you may be able to use 36L's with JKS BPE's there also.

Try to email Jason at www.jeepinoutfitters.com. Otherwise, go to ARB's website and either email or call them.

Good luck.

Back