• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

See Keith weld. Weld Keith, weld!

MrSimon

NAXJA Forum User
My trackbar bracket was moving around a little bit, so Keith welded it up for me. Shouldn't move now!

Keith is a good welder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vSIJNZYAhM

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

Nice, I may do that in the future. I like the vaccum cleaner darth vader head gear, looks ready to go jeeping on the moon.

I like the vaccum cleaner darth vader head gear, looks ready to go jeeping on the moon.

Only if youre bombin around listening to Sting singing " Walking on the moon!!" :guitar:

Looks good Jordan!! What bracket is that? A brace is also a great way to stiffen it up and take some stress off that framerail.

Me too, adds excitement to the experience. Almost welded in sandals the other day.

I welded the exhaust on my old jeep in shorts and sandals. Surprisingly I did not get burnt by any slag.

Nice welds...I welded all day in a t-shirt and shorts a few weeks ago and then couldn't figure out why I had "sunburn" all over my arms and legs :doh:

Nice welds...I welded all day in a t-shirt and shorts a few weeks ago and then couldn't figure out why I had "sunburn" all over my arms and legs :doh:
Did that while repairing rust on my 96... add the hundreds of tiny burns from spatter and slag, and I suddenly looked like a freckled redneck. Oops.

Worst mistake on that project (aside from even starting it, instead of just sending it to the junkyard) was after about 12 hours straight of cutting, grinding, and welding in the pouring rain... was so tired I accidentally started a bead with my helmet flipped up. Thankfully, my vision recovered within a few hours.

Did that while repairing rust on my 96... add the hundreds of tiny burns from spatter and slag, and I suddenly looked like a freckled redneck. Oops.

Worst mistake on that project (aside from even starting it, instead of just sending it to the junkyard) was after about 12 hours straight of cutting, grinding, and welding in the pouring rain... was so tired I accidentally started a bead with my helmet flipped up. Thankfully, my vision recovered within a few hours.

Yeah I've got welding flash before & its not funny. My eyes hurt for like 2 days.

Keith, that helmet/ fume evacuation setup is SICK! those helmets are EXPENSIVE!!!!

it is a freshair intake made by 3m .it cost about 1500.00

Yeah I've got welding flash before & its not funny. My eyes hurt for like 2 days.

Yeah, I have two masks, one welding mask and one which used to be a welding mask but the solar panel thing broke and it no longer darkens so I just keep it around for grinding. I can tell between the two because the working mask has a black sweat band and the broken one has a white band... I accidentally reached over and grabbed the wrong mask one night... def not funny but thankfully I wasn't looking directly at the weld when I realized that everything seemed kinda bright :doh: haven't made that mistake again.

it is a freshair intake made by 3m .it cost about 1500.00

I think I'll stick to breathing my stale ol whiskey breath.

Back