• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB 5 speed xj

Yeah no doubt. I've got a white 00 sport sitting here, but it's got a rod knock. Also an auto with a 242. If you wanted to swap an ax and 231 into it, well,....

Might also have a very clean 01 with rod knock as well, but as of now it's spoken for unless my guy decides against it. Keep your peepers open.

I have enough projects, I'm not looking to do a swap just want to buy a 5 speed, plop my butt in it and drive it. Looking at one tomorrow, xj prices have gotten nuts lately.

I have enough projects, I'm not looking to do a swap just want to buy a 5 speed, plop my butt in it and drive it. Looking at one tomorrow, xj prices have gotten nuts lately.

No worries, just wanted to leave you options.. since you're close keep me in mind if you have any parts needs. Damned jeeps keep piling up around here, I swear they mate at night.:yap:
Rich

No worries, just wanted to leave you options.. since you're close keep me in mind if you have any parts needs. Damned jeeps keep piling up around here, I swear they mate at night.:yap:
Rich

I'm not close anymore lol forgot to change my location. I left nazi Jersey for America last year. Purchased a clean rust free 97 5 speed tonight for $1600.

Considering you mentioned PA, and "rust free 97" in the same sentence, yeah, that is a good deal, and an unusual find. Keep us updated on your build!

That’s a good deal. You know we need specs and pics.
Specs are easy, none stock with k&n cold air, and cheap led headlights. Factory overhead console. Most of the clear coat is gone. Pretty basic.

Considering you mentioned PA, and "rust free 97" in the same sentence, yeah, that is a good deal, and an unusual find. Keep us updated on your build!

I drove an hour and a half south east close to the Jersey boarder. I have seen some real rot boxes up here tho. I saw it an hour after it was posted and was the first to look at it. Going simple with this one. 3:55 axles from an auto xj, 2in lift 30's, bumpers, selectable front locker, lsd rear. My last XJ was built with d44/9in so this will be a nice change of pace.

Specs are easy, bone stock with k&n cold air, and cheap led headlights. Factory overhead console. Most of the clear coat is gone. Pretty basic.

I drove an hour and a half south east close to the Jersey border. I have seen some real rot boxes up here tho. I saw it an hour after it was posted and was the first to look at it. Going simple with this one. 3:55 axles from an auto xj, 2in lift 30's, bumpers, selectable front locker, lsd rear. My last XJ was built with d44/9in so this will be a nice change of pace.

Nice! I like the simple build part. I've lost count of the people I've talked to that went "too big", and then were disappointed that the challenge was gone. I'll miss my truetrac-and-33" rig when she's gone. Made me a better driver and gone places no thought it should go.
Thumbs up!

Looks a lot like the red ‘97 5-speed I got my son. I paid twice as much though. Before you regear drive it with the 30s. Ours has a 2” lift and 30s and runs fine with the 3.07s. On the interstate it will get 18mpg in WV. I’m sure 3.55s would be better, but might not be worth the $$ unless your trying to ditch a D35.

Nice! I like the simple build part. I've lost count of the people I've talked to that went "too big", and then were disappointed that the challenge was gone. I'll miss my truetrac-and-33" rig when she's gone. Made me a better driver and gone places no thought it should go.
Thumbs up!

My last xj was 6.5in on long arms and the one before that was 9in on long arms. I just dont wheel enough anymore to have a need for that. Just want a simple hunting/camping/fishing rig. Kinda need a 4x4 backup daily driver up here too for the winter.

Yep I remember you having some big rigs. So you know I'm parting that white 00 I've got here so it's got 3.55's under it, plus pretty clean front seats (one piece sport models, though).

Back