• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need suggestions on rear setup after installing shackle relocators.

FleXJ96

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so after the shackle relocators it has come to my attention that I need to redo the rear suspension from the huge shackles and stacked , worn out XJ packs that are there now.

What are your thoughts? The relocator gives 1.5, so I was thinking 3.5" leafs and 1" shackle to set the back at 6" and the front is 5.5. ANy other set ups you can think of?

253297_10200927122970622_1079014951_n.jpg

Please let me know if photo does not show, sometimes they do off Facebook and sometimes not.

I run wagoneer springs with 1.5" re boomerang shackles. They are about 5.5" longer than stock, push the axle back about 2" and flex better than xj leaves. I really like the way they ride. The shackle relocators look like the rear most hole would be perfect.

I run RE 3.5" leafs and 5.5" straight shackles. With about a 60* shackle angle I get about 6" of lift.

I want to trade the leafs for something with a bit softer rate.

I run a HD offroad relocation box, 1.5" shackle, 1" T&T UBE and then stock ZR2 blazer leafs. Its netted me about 5.5" A little less then my brand new 5.5" RE coils in the front. But it rides super soft, and flexes like crazy because the leafs are close to flat. Plus i was able to stretch the rear 2" back.

Thanks guys I never really thought about pulling the axle back but that would be awesome. I can get a good deal on RE stuff . So ill start with the 3.5 leads and the boomerangs and see what happens

Back