• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gas mileage?

timk578

NAXJA Forum User
anybody running 33s with chrysler 8.25 axle and stock gearing what kinda gas mileage are you getting. Im getting worse gas mileage than i think i should be im only getting about 150 miles per tank!!!!

timk578 said:
anybody running 33s with chrysler 8.25 axle and stock gearing what kinda gas mileage are you getting. Im getting worse gas mileage than i think i should be im only getting about 150 miles per tank!!!!

Sounds about right if you're running stock gearing. I see about 200 miles per tank local driving, sometimes less...and about 240 on the highway on 31 MTs.

What's your driving style like? Heavy, light, average? That makes a difference as well...but marginal compared to running 33s or larger without a regear.

...plus, it is a 4.0L V6.

dcXJ said:
Sounds about right if you're running stock gearing. I see about 200 miles per tank local driving, sometimes less...and about 240 on the highway on 31 MTs.

What's your driving style like? Heavy, light, average? That makes a difference as well...but marginal compared to running 33s or larger without a regear.

...plus, it is a 4.0L INLINE 6.
Fixed it for ya :roll:

are you compensating for the incorrect speedo? Keep in mind with stock gearing your motor is way out of its power band.

I'm gettin 16-18 in town, 20-24 hwy...

8.25, 3.55's, 265/75/r16's

black2door said:
Fixed it for ya :roll:

:laugh2: Doh!!!! My mistake...I'm so used to having a V6 from my Nissan days...shame on me. Just second nature to type that....but yeah, like I said...ummmm....I-6, yeah, that's what I meant :laugh:

Back